#142: He's the favorite parent

LOUIS

Bernie was in the middle of a huge tantrum over some food and you just couldn't deal with him. You tried to get him to calm down but he wasn't trying to hear it.

"Bernard Alexander!" You say getting his attention. He knew that if you ever had to use his full name he was in trouble. You gave him that lowkey death grip by his arm and gave him that look.

"I want you to listen to me, and listen to me well...If you don't stop all that noise, your new best friend is gonna be the belt, do you understand me?" You say clenching your jaw. You let go and it took him a moment to process it.

"Y-Yes Momma." He says close to crying again. As soon as you walked off he broke into silent tears and sniffles. Hearing all the commotion Louis came from his studio in the basement to see what was going on.

"What's the matter buddy?" Louis asks.

"I want you." He says giving Louis a hug. At this point Louis knew Bernie must have done something.

"What happened?"

"Mommy yell at me and hurt my feelings. I only want you, Mommy mean." He sniffled.

"Why don't you want mommy anymore?" Louis asked.

"Cause I don't want her."

"Well that's not very nice Buddy, Mommy loves you very much." Louis says. Either way Bernie ignored him and continued on staring at the wall.

*The next day*

You all were about to go out for breakfast that morning and Bernie needed help getting his shoes on.

"Bernie, you want Mommy to help you?" You asked seeing him struggle.

"No want Mommy, I want Daddy." He says walking away. You shrugged not really sure of this sudden behavior and let him be. When all your kids were packing into the car, you went to buckle up Bernie's seatbelt and he lashed out at you like you've never seen before.

"Hey, you don't scream at me!" You say gripping him up making sure he knew not to try that again.

"Only want Daddy." He says thrashing out of your grip. You sighed and let Louis come around to buckle him.

"You need to be nicer to mommy, understood?" Louis says.

"Ok Dad." He says pouting.

It honestly broke you that your son was so angry with you. You knew you would have to confront it at some point, but until then you decided to just kind of give him his space since he was currently fixated on his dad.

LIAM

Nadene had came down with a bad ear infection and it has been hell for you trying to get rid of it. She wouldn't eat, she couldn't sleep, and that only made her just as fussy as opposed to when she gets a goodnight sleep. On top of that, she screamed until no end and continually pulled at her ears.

"I know baby, don't cry." You sighed giving her more Tylenol but that didn't seem to do anything. You tried giving her a pacifier to help loosen up her ears but she just kept spitting it out so you didn't even try it.

"You haven't eaten in a while Nae, you need to get something in your tummy." You say pulling your tank top down to try and breastfeed her. She sucked for a few moments and you smiled when it was silent. It wasn't long before she pulled off and immediately began to scream again.

"Come on Nadene." At this point you were just rolling your eyes and sucking your teeth at her constant screams. You tried everything and you were gonna explode at any moment. You held her up close to you so that the two of you were face to face and she looked at you continuing to scream.