#48: First Night at home with the baby

LOUIS

Everyone's favorite part of parenting...getting up in between the hours of midnight and 3 in the morning, to attend to the baby. You looked at the clock and it was a quarter after 2 and Dorian was literally screaming at the highest pitch that probably wasn't even imaginable.

"I'm coming sweet baby, Mommy's coming." You say throwing yourself out of bed to wake up a bit. You slowly walked into the nursery turning on the dimmed lamp at the door. You went and peered over his crib and he quieted down squinting towards you.

"Hey bubba, what's wrong with you huh?" He whined in response wanting to get picked up. You lifted him to your chest and he instantly got comfortable.

"Maybe daddy was right, we should have let you sleep with us for the night..." You giggle playing with Dorian's small fingers. He continued crying after a couple seconds and all you could do was stare off with that "really nigga" type of look on your face.

"What is it Dorian? Are you hungry? Are you wet? What do you want?" You whined rocking him gently. Just then Louis walked into the room and looked over your shoulder at the baby.

"Let me see him." Louis held his arms out and you placed Dorian in them.

"What's the matter with you buddy? You giving mommy a hard time?" He asks playfully. Dorian actually got quiet when Louis had him.

"Did you check his diaper?" Louis asks.

"No." You yawned. Louis smelled the baby and placed him down to change him. He cried again when Louis stood and wiped him clean and took off his diaper.

"It's alright little man, you will feel so much better when you have a fresh diaper." He cooed to him. Dorian lightly smiled at his dad and it made you smile.

"See I told you you would feel better." Louis smiled picking him up and kissing his head.

"I got him babe, go back to bed." He said kissing you.

"Thanks Louis." You happily obliged and took your tail right back to sleep.

LIAM

You heard little faint whimpers on the baby monitor hoping Zieyah wouldn't wake up. She's been doing good all night and you just wanted her to get a good rest. Before you knew it her soft baby cries came through the baby monitor and Liam woke up staring at you in awe.

"Liam, she's crying." You laugh pointing out the obvious.

"It's alright." He smiled. "You stay here, I got her." Liam said getting up and rushing to Zieyah's room. He looked into her crib and saw that she had kicked herself out of her blanket.

"Zieyah, you must be freezing. There's no saying how long your blanket has been off of you." He picked her up and went to her closet to get a warmer blanket. He took time and wrapped the blanket around her small chocolate figure and her cries went away.

It seemed that she enjoyed the warmth of his chest when he picked her up to hold her. He ended up bringing Zieyah back to the bedroom with him for the night.

"This is Mommy and Daddy's room Zie, you can stay with us for tonight." He tells her watching her stare up at him with her big eyes. He slowly set himself in the bed next to you and laid back with the baby on his chest.

"Hey Zieyah." You smile at your daughter. She yawned trying to snuggle herself further into Liam's chest.

"She staying here tonight?" You ask.