The Truth Is Not Easy

STEF POV

"So the kids walked home?" I asked packing my bag up and seeing it was already almost 4.

"Yeah I had a board meeting and they didn't want to stick around. But I'm leaving soon just grabbing a few files and I should be home in ten minutes."

"Same here love. I'm just about done. So I'll see you soon baby."

"Alright. Love you."

"I love you too."

Hanging up the phone and sliding my bag on my shoulder I headed out the precinct. My first day back had not been to bad but I learned Mike's transfer went thought and he really was the last person I wanted to deal with. All I could hope was that with my partner leaving they wouldn't stick me with him.

"Stefanie Foster?" I soon heard someone call my name as I turned around to see the last person I ever thought I would see as my face turned angry.

"I'm..

"I know who you are." I said cutting Anna Gutierrez off.

"Well I heard what you are trying to do. Take my daughter from me."

"I'm not trying to take anyone from you."

"You sure have her believing a lot of lies. You and your partner or whoever she is."

"I beg your pardon?"

"You told her my boyfriend got you shot. He never shot you. He never shot anyone."

Walking closer to her now I glared into her eyes. I glared into the woman's eyes that had hurt my baby since birth and the same woman I had seen arrested more times then I could count. I knew everyone deserved a chance but the amount of times she was hurting my daughter wasn't allowing me for much sympathy. However I was confused at what she had just said to me. How in the world did she come to the conclusion or know what Mariana was thinking? Unless, unless she was lying or my daughter was talking to her again.

"I don't know where you heard that from. But I suggest you turn around and walk away."

"I heard it from her! I ran into her this afternoon I only wanted to tell her I was sorry...

"Listen to me. You stay away from my daughter. You don't go near hear. At all." I said leaning into her more.

"She's my daughter. She's mine. You didn't give birth to her!"

"No I didn't give birth to her but you never took care of her. So you stay away from her or ya'll have me to deal with. Now get lost." I said turning back around to my car.

"I will block your adoption. I will make sure she gets removed from your home and ya'll regret ever messing with me! I will make your life hell Stefanie Foster."

Now turning back around to face her I looked dead into her face as she swallowed hard. I could clearly see she was still very much under the influence and the fact that she had approached my daughter and all three of my children was enough to make me want to lock her up. This was not an easy decision not at all for there was so much at stake especially Mariana's future.

"Are you threatening a police officer?"

"No. I'm threatening the woman trying to steal my daughter."

"Same thing and I'm not stealing anyone. Now I suggest if you don't want me to slap these cuffs on you for threatening me, and for carrying an illegal substance which I can bet my life you are carrying, that you walk away before I'm the one that makes your life a living hell."

"You won't get her. I'll never sign my rights away so you might as well give up now."

"Well that seems to be something you don't know about me. I never ever back down from a fight. So you better be prepared for one hell of a battle because as long as I'm breathing I will make sure my daughter is happy and that she lives the life she deserves and with whom she deserves. And it's not with you."