The Walls

"So we agree on Saturday? Lena questioned as she sat comfortably in Stef's blue flannel pajama shirt while enjoying a warm cup of chamomile tea

"So we agree on Saturday? Lena questioned as she sat comfortably in Stef's blue flannel pajama shirt while enjoying a warm cup of chamomile tea. It had been the most relaxing and the most soothing morning she had had in a long time. Maybe ever she thought. Crossing her legs at the small kitchen table she glanced over at Stef who was cooking the two breakfast wearing the bottom half of the blue flannel pajamas and a sleeveless tank. Lena's eyes were completely captivated at how the morning sun had seem to glisten on her long blonde hair making it even more radiant then ever. She couldn't help but think how downright beautiful she was. Strong and beautiful. But she had seen that same strength that Stef exhibited on a daily basis break down. And break down hard.

It was only in the last month that Lena had truly learned of all the real issues Stef was facing despite the close and strong friendship they had formed. Mike had certainly left her in a huge financial mess and stood by his word when he said she would raise Jude alone leaving her to pay for all the bills, mortgage and anything related to their son. Taking him to court and involving lawyers had been another expense which had left the blonde nearly broke. Lena was kept in the dark to any of this as Stef had been brilliant at keeping the real hard issues to herself and diverting the conversation away from her problems no matter how bad Lena wanted to help her. Lena could sense that and as her friend had tried to push her to talk about those deeper issues only to see her clam up or tell one of her sarcastic jokes that she used as ploy to get away from the question. She came to realize that Stef was a considerably hard shell to crack and found it both frustrating and equally annoying. But on the other hand she found it difficult to get angry at her for she found her incredibly attractive, appealing and charismatic. Stef was almost like a magnet pulling her in each time she was in her presence and possessed a certain kind of power that Lena found alluring. This in tern had lead to intense feelings toward the blonde that were only growing stronger by the day and she could almost swear Stef was feeling the same exact feelings with equal intensity. It had been the small things that led her to believe so. They had began to eat lunch together on a regular basis in her office, grocery shop together, she went over Stef's to tutor Jude in math, they texted endlessly about any and everything happening in their lives and sometimes would fall asleep listening to the sound of each other's voices on the phone at night. Stef's voice was enough to heal any anxiety she was feeling as was Lena's voice was to Stef. There had been more than one occasion when Lena had found herself locking her hand with Stef's then gently stroking it while the two enjoyed a movie together. She had not even realized herself how easy it had been as the attractive and somewhat shy blonde didn't seem to mind at all. However despite this shyness Stef had also on more than one occasion affectionately and almost romantically put her arm around Lena and had gazed into her eyes not even in a way her husband ever had. But in the way that someone who is deeply in love with you does. A gaze that needs no words to describe the feeling. It was that gaze and that look that had left butterflies in Lena's stomach from day one and she felt a tingling throughout her entire body. Stef felt like her heart would almost explode each time Lena touched and stroked her hand while looking at her equally in the same manner that sent shivers running throughout her body. Lena would look at her like no one ever had and Stef found it intriguing if not arousing.