The Savior

"Mom!? Jude yelled as he stood in the front doorway of the small two bedroom apartment waiting impatiently for his mother to drive him to Anchor Beach

"Mom!? Jude yelled as he stood in the front doorway of the small two bedroom apartment waiting impatiently for his mother to drive him to Anchor Beach. Jude enjoyed his new school and insisted on getting there early to sit by the beach and read with his new friend Conner. He found it both calming and relaxing before the busy school day began, but for the past few days his mom had been oversleeping despite him setting her alarm two hours before she needed to be awake.

"Mom! I'm going to be late. I have to meet Conner at 8:15!" he yelled again after not hearing a response and looked displeased at his watch as the time ticked closer to 8 am.

"Yes, yes I'm coming my love!" Jude looked up letting out a loud sigh as he finally saw his mom race out of her bedroom wearing only her bra and uniform pants yet again. Out of embarrassment he quickly turned his head the other way.

"I just need my shirt baby....shirt, shirt, shirt..where is my..." The blonde lifted up the couch pillows and blanket searching vigorously for the one clean uniform shirt she had left. With the apartment not having a washer and dryer she unfortunately didn't do the laundry as much as she should have lately. Lena had done it happily for her the last few times even folding and pressing it but Stef refused to let her keep doing it as she told her it was her responsibility. As to be expected Lena persisted on a daily basis for she adored taking care of the resistant blonde.

As Jude stood by the doorway and turned to watch his mother he couldn't help but shake his head as he continued to observe the daily routine of his mother once again rushing and scrambling around to get ready in the morning. Finally looking around himself so they could get moving he spotted the police shirt hanging on the doorknob of the bedroom and quickly grabbed it.

"Mom?" Jude said holding the shirt in his hand as he stood behind his mother completely mortified at seeing her in her bra yet again.

'Yes my love one second..I'm just lookin..." he cut her off as Stef lifted up another couch cushion.

"For your shirt." Stef turned around seeing the young boy holding the shirt up for her as she let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh ...yes thank you my baby what would I do without you.?" She planted a kiss on his forehead as he made a disgruntled face.

"Mom, you have to stop oversleeping." Jude reprimanded and glancing at his watch again.

"Sweets you may lecture me in the car all you want but please, please pour my coffee in my thermos and then we will be out of here in less than five minutes. I promise my love." The cop stood in the bathroom doorway buttoning up her shirt as she observed her sons annoyed expression.

"Please my baby." she pleaded. Jude let out a loud sigh as he just wanted to get to the beach.

"Ok but then we leave. I haven't been able to sit at the beach for a week mom. " he shook his head.

"Yes love. Then we will leave." A wide smile graced the blondes face as she watched her young son slowly make his way into the tiny kitchen.

"And don't forget your badge like last time!" He yelled.