Our Moms

LENA POV

LENA POV

As we walked down the hall my kids were happier then I could ever imagine them to be despite Jude's father showing up which we would need to deal with later. But part of me was gleaming for I had heard every word that my daughter had said to Jude. Every single one and that was the Callie that I knew. I knew she was still their deep inside. The kindhearted kid that would do anything for anyone and she had truly stepped up the last two days. Big time from the minute I told them Stef had gotten shot Callie had almost taken on Stef's role involuntary. I watched her comfort both Jude and Mariana numerous times and try to protect each of them in different ways. My hopes that she would go down a better path were beginning to resurface as we had gotten to Stef's door and looking behind me they all froze.

"Come on guys." I said as I watched them looked somewhat nervous and bug eyed.

"She probably doesn't want to see me." Mariana said as I let out a sigh.

"Honey you know that's not true. She very much wants to see you. She wanted to see all of you before me." I laughed as her face remained doubtful. "Sweetheart stop. Ok? No one blames you and you have to stop honey." As I gently stroked her cheek I saw Jude grabed her hand and squeeze it.

"Come on lets see our mom." I could only smile at him as the three of them walked in slowly. It was almost as if Stef could sense our presence as we walked further in and I knew the kids really wanted to run into her arms. But she was still very much in pain and we needed to be careful.

"Babies.." a small smile fell across her face as the kids leaned in as close as possible to her but I noticed Mariana had stood behind Callie.

"Hi mom." Jude was the first to speak as he held her hand and leaned in kissing her cheek.

"Hi..baby.." her voice was still very much soft and scratchy for I knew she still had a hard time catching her breath but refused to use her mask at this time.

"It's ok honey don't talk."

"I'm glad you are ok. I missed you." he gently held her hand.

"Me, me too. I'm ok."

Jude nodded his head as I rubbed his back.

"Hi mom." Callie soon spoke next as she placed her hand inside Stef's and I knew the word she said was breaking my partners heart. She had called her that a few times but right now it meant more then anything. I knew that. Watching my daughter she gently stroked Stef's cheek just as Stef had done many times to her.

"Baby...hi."

"I love you and I'm glad you're ok mom." Callie's voice was so sweet more then I could ever imagine as her voice was soft, thoughtful and kind.

Stef nodded her head and smiled once again.

"I, I love you to my girl." she smiled once again as she squeezed our daughter's hand soon trying to see Mariana behind Callie.