Changes

"Really Callie? Really? What are you thinking?!" Lena screamed as the young girl sat on the couch looking to the ground. Stef had found more in her bag then just the joints and pills that had fallen on to the seat of the car. She had found the cigarettes, gummy worms and water bottle with vodka.

"Answer me Callie Adams!"

"I don't know what are you thinking?!" she yelled back standing up looking to both her mother and Stef.

"Excuse me young lady?" the slim woman asked.

"You heard me! What are you thinking! Or do you really want me to tell you what I'm thinking as if you really give a crap!"

"What makes you think I don't care about what you are thinking Callie. How can you say I don't. I've been asking how you feel for weeks and..

"No! No you haven't mama! You haven't really asked me! You never asked me how I felt about you getting divorced. You never asked me how I felt about you being gay! You never asked me how I felt about you and Stef being together! Never! You forced everything down my throat and made me accept it. I had no choice in anything! Nothing! Dad at least gave me a choice about things and didn't force anything on me! But when I didn't accept everything you got angry at me! You yelled at me and you made it seem like I was being unfair. Well guess what! You were being unfair. You changed my life overnight and left me with no choices. Even after you left dad you spent no time with me! None! You spent all your time with Stef. All of it and you didn't give a crap about my feelings at all! You only cared about yours and still do!"

"Callie..." Lena said in a more calming voice as she could see how visibly upset her daughter was.

"No leave me alone mama! Just leave me alone! You're good at that!" With that the girl ran out the front door and slammed it so hard leaving both women completely speechless.

As the young teen sat outside the apartment complex she had found a bush of yellow daises and began to pick them. She didn't care about her outburst non at all for she had finally said what she wanted and needed. Maybe it wasn't in the best tone. Maybe it wasn't and she knew it was rude. But getting it out was something she needed for if she kept in any longer she would explode. As she continued to pick at the flower she could now see both her mother and Stef walking toward her. Letting out a deep sigh she was sure they came down to give her a string of punishments and consequences as she felt her mother sit next to her and Stef sit on the arm of the bench on the opposite side of her.

As she sat waiting to be yelled at she now looked down to the ground her stomach soon turning but her mother soon broke the silence.

"You know Callie you're right."

"What?" the teen said looking up to her mom surprised.

"You are right. I never asked you. Ever. Not once. And when I did it was too late and I had already gone on with things not taking your feelings into consideration."