Aftermath

CALLIE POV

CALLIE POV

That night my Gran had come to the hospital and taken the three us back home as mama stayed with Stef. I knew she was scared more then she let on to any of us as I had seen her cry in Grans arms and for the first time I saw affection shared between the two.

FLASHBACK

"Mom I'm so scared." I heard mama say as Gran rushed in to hug her tightly. "I'm so scared mama."

"I know baby. I know. It will be ok. It will be ok." she said soothing her gently and rubbing her back."She is a strong woman and so are you. I didn't raise a weak one and you will get through this. We all will. You hear me Lena Elizabeth Adams."

Looking to my mom she nodded her head as the two held each others hands tightly and Gran now looked to the three of us. Mariana and Jude had not really seen her since the night of the dinner when she had offended Stef and I knew they weren't really fond of her. But tonight none of that mattered. None of it for all of us just wanted our mom to be ok. And that's what she really was. She was our mother. Walking over my Gran smiled in the most affectionate way as she keeled down in front of us.

"Hi my loves. Are you all ok?" Gently she touched each of our faces as both Mariana and Jude looked up in pain and nodded somewhat.

"Remember you have a very strong mother and I would bet anything she is in there fighting her hardest for each and every single one of you. Keep that in your mind. Ok?"

As we failed to respond only sniffles could be heard as she leaned in hugging each of us individually harder then anything and gently placing kisses on our foreheads.

"I love all of you. And it will be ok. It will be ok my loves." she reassured letting out a warm smile to me as she now stood up walking back to my heartbroken mother. Truth me told I had never seen my mother in so much pain as she was now. Yes the divorce with my father had caused it's own fair share but this was something completely different. It looked as if my mothers soul had been taken out, it looked as if she was lifeless and was unsure of how she was going to walk on two feet. But at the same time I could see inner strength pushing through more then anything, more then I ever had seen before. Like she wasn't going to give up hope for Stef or us for she knew it was something we all needed right at this moment more then anything. Glancing to my phone I decided to text my father as I wasn't fully sure why but I did.

Hi dad. I'm at the hosptial with mama, Mariana and Jude. Stef was hurt really bad and we are waiting to see if she will be ok.-Cals

Placing my phone back in my pocket I heard my Gran and mother begin to talk.

"What have they said Lena?"

"She has a collapsed lung. She was shot."

"Goodness. By who?"