What's Best

As all three kids had fallen asleep in the living room Lena and the blonde could only smile at what they walked in on that early morning

As all three kids had fallen asleep in the living room Lena and the blonde could only smile at what they walked in on that early morning. Jude could be seen stretched out on the floor with a pillow and large blanket over him as Callie and Mariana shared the couch with their feet in each others faces sound asleep. The site was truly heartwarming to both as Lena wrapped her arms around the blonde's waist from behind.

"That's sweet." she said letting out a warm smile as it took a few moments for the blonde to respond for she was taking in the site herself. In her mind she was thinking of the decision her and Lena had made that would take place in a few days. She knew it was for the better even if it did hurt and she knew it was more important then anything that they took things much slower for the sake of their children especially Callie's.

"It is baby. It really is." she said her voice carrying a heavy weight to it that Lena instantly picked up on. The choice had been hard as both of them pushed their feelings to the side to be the parents they needed. Tears had fallen, hands had been held longer and tighter and hearts had been broken. The slim woman had seen the tears in Stef's eyes one's she rarely ever saw as she knew the blonde had taken it as a personal failure, and knew the cop had seen herself as the sole cause for the rift in Callie and Lena's relationship but that was hardly the case. But she would be lying if she didn't admit it wasn't hard as she tried to convince herself it would be easy. Living with Stef and the kids together the last few weeks had been hectic and crazy but it was the happiest she had ever been. Seeing the growth in her daughter at times, watching all three kids interact, the family dinners, the family movies and seeing Stef walk in the door each night from work greeting everyone with a hug and kiss like it was something they had done since the beginning of time. It was a life she had dreamed of when she laid in bed at night next to Timonty. It was one her heart had been breaking for all this time and it was one that consumed her soul with nothing but joy. However she had been truly oblivious to how deep her daughters issues had gone both her and Stef had been and to her that was unacceptable.

"We are making the right choice Lena." Stef soon spoke once again.

"I know baby. We have to put them first. But I guess we wouldn't win any parenting awards."

"Well not like it comes with a book of instructions." The blonde said chuckling." Honestly you and I have the same goal. We just want them to be happy and healthy. And maybe living here all together isn't the right choice right now. You and Cal's need the time and that is something I understand more then anything baby. I would do anything for you both. Anything." She said now turning around to face the slim woman.

"I know you would. I know." Gently Lena began to stroke Stef's soft face for she was trying herself to be strong for her.

"I would do anything so that Callie didn't struggle so much. I would do anything so that Mariana would feel safe. I would do anything so that Jude wouldn't feel so hurt from his father. I just, I just want to protect them baby." She whispered.