Last Night

LENA POV

LENA POV

As my body laid on Stef's it was the last night we would be living together until we decided as a family that it was the right time. The kids had decided to watch a movie in Jude's bedroom leaving us in the living room. Taking in the moment we had I didn't want to forget how it felt to lay next to her, to have her in my presence and feel her closeness. It had only been a month since my accident and since Callie and I had moved in but to be honest it felt like we have lived together our entire lives. As her hand gently rubbed my back slowly and softly our bodies continued to melt into each others despite us being fully clothed. Tonight we had wanted more then anything to make love but that wasn't really possible however we knew there would be another time when we would have the privacy to do it. As we remained silent and my arm wrapped tighter around her we could only hear the giggling coming from the bedroom of the three kids. I could only let out a wide smile despite the difficult day we had. It was true our minds kept replaying the therapy session with Callie over and over in our minds once we realized what such heavy issues my daughter was carrying. None of us knew, Timonty was unaware himself and at some points I looked to him and his face was just full of tears. Fully we realized what an affect our divorce and poor choices had on Callie for the underlining issues she carried around from birth had resurfaced in the most intense ways.

FLASHBACK

"I don't know I just felt like it was all about them. They just wanted to hurt each other. They were selfish and didn't care about me."

Hearing my daughter speak those words was painful and I could feel my heart break as tears feel from my eyes as well as hers.

"Neither of them gave me a chance to really accept anything. I thought my father cared but he was just using me. He never loved me from the beginning anyway."

"No Callie that's not true. I have always..." Timonty began.

"Don't lie. I remember as a kid you arguing with mama. You told her you didn't know how to love me. That I wasn't really yours. You think I'm stupid?" Visually I could see her getting angry so angry she was turning red as I looked to Timonty and the memory of that conversation came back to him as he looked to me and my heart could only continued to break apart. My little girl was in so much pain, more pain then I could ever imagine and as her mother I just wanted to take it away more then anything. The fact that I couldn't that was killing me alone.

"Just admit it. You didn't want me. You still don't. Your just doing this for your conscious! I'm not stupid but you think I am!" Swallowing hard I wanted to go over and hug her but the therapist looked to me suggesting otherwise as Stef grabbed my hand holding it. I could hear her sniffing as well.

"Callie I will tell you something. In the beginning it was hard for me. I had no experience with kids of my own. I didn't and I just didn't know what to do with you. You were so affectionate and wanted love from me. Growing up I, I didn't get that from my parents so I didn't understand how to show it to you. I was scared. Your mother was so naturally good at it and it took me longer to understand it."