Family

"We are only letting immediate family in right now honey

"We are only letting immediate family in right now honey."

"Well we are immediate family. I'm Mariana Foster and this is my brother Jude Foster."

"And?" the nurse said looking at the two young kids glaring into her eyes.

"Um hello. Officer Stefanie Foster is our mom and she's Lena Adams fiance." Jude looked up to the young Latin girl marveling at her story as he let out a smile looking back to the nurse.

"Fiances children aren't immediate family honey. I'm sorry."

"Says who? She's going to be our mom in like less then a week. So just because it's not signed and all legal yet means she's not immediate family?" Mariana questioned believing her lie.

"Mariana! Jude?" The two soon heard a familiar voice as their eyes bugged as they turned around seeing Stef walking over looking somewhat angry.

"Oh man." Jude whispered to Mariana." I told you this was a bad idea."

"What in the world are the two of you two doing here? I thought I told you to stay put until I called." she interrogated looking more annoyed then ever as the Latin girl swallowed hard noticing how much more intimating the blonde looked in her uniform.

"Mom hi! Um I was telling the nurse we were here to see um Lena your um fiance. But she said only immediate family and I told her you guys are getting married in like a week and we don't need some paper to say we are a family now." she let out a forced happy smiled as Stef's eyes zoned in on her and Jude for Mariana really had some extravagant story making skills. "I'm sorry we didn't listen MOM. We um know you told us to stay home but we were so worried and freak out!"

Stef catching on to Marianas lie looked to her son who's face said it all for guilt was written all over it.

"Sorry." She heard them whisper as she let out a sigh now looking to the nurse.

"Nurse listen, my kids are very worried about my partner. Is there anyway they could just say hi to her for maybe a minute or so?"

"Ma'am like I told your son and daughter only immediate family. I don't make the rules."

"Yes I get it. But we are her only family and I know it would mean the world to her if she saw them."

The nurse now looking to all three of them let out a sigh.

"Please. We are just really scared. We just want to say hi and make sure she's ok. Please." Mariana begged as the nurse looked to them rolling her eyes.

"Hurry up and leave my name out of it."

"You got it!" Stef said as the three now walked quickly toward Lena's room. However, as they got to the doorway both Mariana and Jude froze.

"Go on in loves it's ok. She's only resting and the brace is there to help support her neck. Don't be scared." The blonde encouraged as they proceeded into the room. Swallowing hard Jude held the young girls hand as they both walked closer to her bed as Lena now opened her eyes.