"Sure." He reached over and pulled one out of the pack.

I opened up the window before lighting my cigarette. I instantly took a long drag. "Mission Zero is going to be great."

Matt had the cigarette sitting between his lips. Possibly waiting for a red light so he could light it. "Why do you call it that anyway?"

"Mission Zero?" He nodded. "Because zero means none. There will be no survivors once I'm done."

"How long have you been working on this plan?"

I took another drag. "Maybe a little over a year. It takes a lot of planning for something like this."

"I never thought you would do something like this. How much you want to bet that during the shooting when everyone is trying to figure out who it is that their last thought would be you?"

I laughed. "A shitload. They better fear me."

He laughed back. "I'm sure they will."

"You sure you don't want to help? Maybe just a little."

He shrugged. "I can practice some rounds with you and if I decide to join in I'll be there."

"Thanks, man." I reached over and pulled his cigarette out of his mouth, causing a look of confusion crossing over his face. "This is annoying me." I lit his cigarette and handed it back to him.

"Okay, thanks." He took a drag. "Where are we going anyway?"

"I told you. The woods."

"Yeah, I got that. The one we go to sometimes to smoke and light fires?"

I nodded and blew some smoke out of my mouth and out the window. "Of course. I'll be shooting bark at the abandoned field near it."

*** 

Matt pulled up onto the field within a couple minutes. When he parked he just sat there in silence while I was in a hurry to get out of the car and start shooting things.

I was about to open up the door to get out when I saw him just sitting still, not in any way attempting to get out of the car with me.

"Dude, you coming or what?" I asked but he was still silent. "I'll let you use my shotgun."

He looked down at the steering wheel with a sigh. "I don't know about this."

I sighed and opened the door. "Well, I'm gearing up right now so unless you want to call dibs on a certain gun, you better get out of the car right now."

"I told you, I don't know if I'll be able to go along with the shooting."

I chuckled and stepped out of the car. "You better make up your mind. If you want to get involved you wouldn't want to just show up to the school and not know how to shoot a gun."

"I know how to shoot a gun."

I eyed him inside the car. He was now debating whether or not to unbuckle. "Do you really? I have high power weaponry in the trunk right now. If it doesn't kill someone, the blast would be so strong that it will paralyze them."

He sighed and finally unbuckled. I chuckled as he stepped foot out of the car and followed me to the trunk. I looked around to make sure we were alone while he unlocked and opened the trunk. I didn't hesitate in opening my duffel bag and pulling out my Mossberg 500 Pump Shotgun, the one I will be using the most in the attack. It will be my signature weapon. I put the strap of the gun over my shoulder as I grabbed out some extra bullets in the case that I might need to reload. I pulled a bag of empty beer cans from the duffel and handed it to Matt. The beer cans are my targets.