Did it Work?

The two of us ran towards the camp tunnels. Bellamy was ahead of me because I was still limping along. Once in the tunnel it only took us about a minutes to get threw but we were still too late. The main gate had already been taken down and no matter how much the gunners tried grounders were barging in.

Someone yelled for the grenades and soon we were not only dogging grounders and swords but also massive explosions. Over the commotion I could hear Clarkes voice yell for everyone to get inside.

I looked over to see Finn push her out of the way of an arrow. I could not help but smile as I saw how close were were to safety. They were right there. Miller stood in the door way shooting as many grounders as he could, trying to make a path for the rest of us.

A small group led by Monroe had spotted us and gathered around as we tried to fight our way through. I had given up on the idea of my knives at this point and had picked up a dead grounders sword, slicing at anything that came to close.

Bellamy and Monroe continued to shoot and I looked back to the dropship to see that Clarke had finally seen us. Panic was all over her face as she watched us struggle to move closer.

"Bellamy run!" She yelled catching his attention.

It was as if hearing her voice jump started him again after losing Octavia and he started to push us all forward. That was until he saw the big guy who was leading the grounder army mow down another one of us. He picked up his gun and started to shoot as he walked towards him.

"Bellamy no!" I yelled as I tried to run after him.

The gun only fired once and then Bellamy got punched in the face. The guy grabbed him by the color of his shirt picking him up and hit him again before tossing him to the ground. He was about to stab him with his sword but I jumped in the way at the last moment holding the sword I had in both hands blocking his attack.

He fought against me putting all his strength into pushing me down until I was kneeling next to Bell with my sword held dangerously close to my face. I screamed out as I tried to hold on but had no strength left in me. Just when I was about to lose it all he pulled back his sword and while I kneeled there confused he kicked me in the face.

The pain that shot threw my entire head was excruciating. I had not realized I had fallen back until I felt the mud spread all through my hair. My eyes were completely swollen and filled with tears. I tried to move tried to look around but I could not do either. My body was broken and my eye sight was so blurred I could barely make out shapes.

All I had left was my hearing. I heard another gunshot that sounded dangerously close to me. Then Clarke yell but I could not make out her words. I reached out for Bellamy but he was no longer there. I could hear a fight happening right at my feet but all I could make out was one massive black blue surrounded by bright orange light.

I laid there and though back to the promise I had made Octavia not even a half an hour ago. I promised her I would keep her brother safe. But I can't keep anyone safe, not this camp, not Bellamy, not Murphy, not even myself.

"We got to go!" Someone yelled but I could not distinguish the voice.

Then I felt arms around me. I tried to fight them off not knowing who was touching me.

"Hey it's Monroe." The voice said to me.

"Monroe?" I mumbled out.

"Yeah now get off your ass." She yelled as she pulled me up.

I staggered a bit and almost fell over.

"I need you to walk!" She yelled at me as she swung my arm over her shoulder and started to lead me forward.

"Faster!" She yelled.

I had to put my trust in here and walk were she was taking me because I could still not see.

"Good." She said as I forced myself to move faster.

Then there was an explosion that shook the Earth. I could see the light from the blast and feel the heat as I fell over back into the mud.

"Did it work?" I asked her.

"Yeah it did." She answered as she picked me back up and continued to lead me away from camp.

"Why aren't we going back?" I asked.

"Because everything is still on fire and there's still grounders in these woods." Finn answered.

"Finn?" I asked confused.

The last time I had seen him he was with Clarke when the hell did he get here. He did not say anything else but I could hear someone else making noises next to him.

"Were Bellamy?" I asked.

"I'm fine Dahlia." He answered and it was now clear that Finn was dragging him along like Monroe was doing for me.

"OH thank god." I said at the sound of his voice.