Chapter 72 - Octavia's PoV

I took off running not wanting to waste any time. I had to Lincoln and back to camp as soon as possible. My entire body was hurting from the run. I don't think I ever ran this fast before. Plus my face still hurt from where Dahlia hit me. I wanted to be mad at her but I understood where it came from. Lincoln had lied to her and Murphy almost died because of it. That does not mean it hurt any less.

Finally the cave came into view and I could breathe a sigh of relief when I entered and saw Lincoln standing there. The second he saw me he ran up to me and grabbed my face. He was checking me for signs of illness. He did not even hesitate. That's when the realization hit me.

"You knew?" I asked him in shock.

"I tried to get you out of there. Did you not see the flower?" He asked me.

"I saw it." I told him still not understanding how he could be so calm about this.

"Right before I found the kid your people sent to infect us. Murphy, remember him. The boy you told Dahlia was dead." I snapped at him.

He gave me a look that was filled with so many emotions I was unable to tell if he was shocked I was mad. Or sad about lying to Dahlia.

"She wants you dead. She made that perfectly clear when she punched me." I told him breaking the silence as I pointed to my lip.

He reached out and tried to touch it but I moved away from him.

"You liked to her, you lied to me." I said to him.

"I had no choice." He said to me but that was just an excuse.

"Well I'm giving you one now." I told him.

"People are dying Lincoln. Clarke sent me here for the cure." I told him.

He shook his head and turned away from me.

"There is no cure." He said to me then walked away.

"So you were just going to let my people die?" I asked him. "You were going to let me die?"

"The sickness passes quickly. Few are immune. We use it to soften the battlefield. I am not surprised you are one of the strong ones." He said to me as he grabbed my face.

"The battlefield?" I said to him as I realized what he had said.

Realization flooded Lincolns face as he realized he had said too much. Then he backed away from me.

"They attack at first light." He said to me.

"Your gonna have to help me save them." I pleaded with him.

"I can't. I tried." He said to me but I did not believe him.

"My people think I'm a traitor now." He told me.

"Because of the bridge? You were just trying to make peace." I said to him.

"It's not the bridge." He said.

"Because of me?" I ask him.

He starred at me and I knew it was true even though he did not answer me.

"That doesn't matter now." He told me. "I'm leaving Octavia, right now. I want you to come with me."

"And go were?" I asked him.

"East to the sea. Then across it. There's a clan. Allies of the woods. They'll take us." He told me.

"I can't just let my brother get killed." I told him a little angry that he would think I would just leave.

"There's nothing you can do to stop that now." He told me.

"I can warn them." I said to him.

"They'll kill you. If your there at dawn."

"I won't be. Just wait for me here. I'm coming with you."  I told him as I started to leave.

I knew he would have to leave. Between his people, mine and now Dahlia someone was going to kill him. And if he was leaving I was going with him but not before I warned my people.

"Wait." He said to me as he grabbed me.

He then kissed me. It was a good by kiss I could tell. He did not think he was going to see me again.

I quickly turned and ran out of the cave before I could change my mind and leave with him now.