Meanwhile on the Ark

Everyone gathered around the Council table waiting for Jaha  you make his announcement. 

"In 51 hours life on the Ark Will no longer be possible. The surviving members of the hundred have proven themselves to be more  Will no longer be possible. The surviving members of the hundred have proven themselves to be more  resilient than we could've ever imagined. Our legacy will go on , and for that I am not only grateful but proud." Jana told the room. 

"So what do we tell our constituents to do know? What do we do now?" A women asked from the group of worried people. 

She had a point hat do we do now? It sounded as if Jaha has just given up.

" look inside. Find your peace. In the meantime I'm releasing all available resources to the surviving civilians of the Ark.  There will be no more rationing. What do you have belongs to all of us. " He told her. 

I could not believe what I was hearing. He really was giving up. But I needed to get on the ground.  There was no way I was not going to see my daughter again.

I looked around and everyone was gone except Marcus and Abby.

"Are you all right Abby?" Jaha asked as she stood in the corner in silence.

"Yes. I have a patient. Who was hurt in the bomb blast I need to go," She mumbled before leaving the room.

I did not see the point of her trying to help the patient if were all going to die anyway. But what ever keeps her out of my hair I guess.

"Sir is it wise to waist rations when we don't know for sure?" Kane asked to Jaha.

"But we do know for sure." Jaha responded.

"Well I cant just do nothing. I have to find a solution." He got up and tried to leave the room but Jaha followed after him.

"Hey this is hard to accept, but if you need to spend your remaining time rerunning simulations, by all means you can do that. I, however will be spending my time with family and a bottle of 97 year old scotch." Jaha told him. 

"Well my family's on the ground." I told him.

He patted the two of us both on our shoulders and walked away. Leaving the two of us standing there staring at one and other trying to figure out what to do now.