At Least There Good For Something

Once back into camp I walked over and found Bellamy. He was just standing there watching everyone.

            “Where have you been?” He asked me.

            “Around. Drinking, you know having fun.” I told him.

            He just smiled and looked at me. We stood there in silence until Clarke walked over to us all pissed off about something.

            “Hey. I need to talk to you.” She said to Bellamy.

            She then looked over to me.

            “Alone.” She told him.

            “Having fun yet, Princess?” He responded obviously not taking her seriously.

            “I’m serious.” She told him.

            “You always are so talk.” He told her.

            She looked at me obviously not knowing I know exactly what’s going on.

            “Whatever you need to say you can say in front of Dahlia.” He told her making me smile.

            “Finn set up a meeting with the grounders. I’m leaving to go talk to them.” She told us.

            “Because you think that impaling people on spears is code for “let’s be friends?” Have you lost your mind?” He asked her.

            “I think it might be worth a shot. I mean we do have to live with these people.” She told him

            “They’ll probably gut you; string you up as a warning.” He told her.

            “Well that’s why I’m here. I need you to follow us, be our back up.” She said.

            I could not help but smile. Things just got a lot more interesting.

            “And that’s why I’m here. I will go with Clarke.” I said.

            She looked over to me surprised that I would want to be her direct back up.

            “They said no weapons.” She told me but I already knew that.

            “They won’t know I have any.” I said to her.

            “Does Finn know about this?” He asked her.

            “Finn doesn’t need to know, and Bellamy, bring guns.” She told him making my smile widen even more.

            I could not help but get a little happy at the thought that I might get to kill some grounders tonight.

            She walked away and I was about to follow but Bellamy grabbed my arm. I did not give him time to speak I just took of my gun and crossbow and handed them to him.

            “Stay safe.” He told me before I could walk away.

            “Are you worried about me or Clarke?” I asked him playfully before walking off to meet Clarke and Finn at the gate.

            “What are you doing here?” Finn asked me the second he saw me.

            “Bellamy sent me to make shore the Princess does not die.” I told him even though I volunteered.

            “They said no weapons.” Finn reminded Clarke.

            “Do you see any?” I asked him as I held up my arms and spun around.

            “Enough we have to go.” Clarke said before Finn could respond.

            We walked through the woods. Clarke and Finn side by side in front of me and I followed closely behind.

            “I’d love it if you were right about this, but did you ever consider it might be a trap?” Clarke asked Finn.

            “I have.” I said completely butting into their conversation.

            Clarke did not seem to mind but Finn did not look to happy.

            “Yep, but since its Unity Day, I decided to have hope instead.” He said and then stopped walking as he winced and grabbed his side.

            Clarke lifted up his shirt to look at his stitches. It was not safe for us to stop walking so I was looking around the woods to make shore we were not being snuck up on.

            “And you’re sounding more and more like Bellamy.” Finn snapped pulling me back into their conversation.

            “I’m just trying to keep us alive.” Clarke responded.

            “So am I.” Finn said before storming off.

            I did not follow him. I stayed close to Clarke. I could care less if Finn died but I had a job to do. Protect the Princess. I watched as she placed down a handful of those nuts that made everyone in camp go nuts.

            “At least they’re good for something.” I said to her before we started walking again.