Chapter 82 - Sebastian's PoV - Meanwhile on the Ark

The first thing I remember after the explosion was the loud sound of the fans coming back to life. I woke up from what felt like death itself to see that Kane lying on the floor next to me. I was not shore what to do with myself now that the mission was over and there was no one left to give me orders. So I decided to just sit here and wait for him to wake up. If anyone was going to find a way to the ground after this, it would be him.

It did not take long for him to wake up only a few more minutes. When he did he crawled his way to the air vent.

"Well look who decided to join the part." I said to him.

He looked around at his surroundings. The silence the flickering lights then looked back to me.

"What's going on?" He asked me.

"I don't know. I woke up just a few minutes before you did." I told him.

"We need to find the others." He said to me.

"If there are any others." I responded.

He did not answer me he just got up and started down the hall.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" He asked and got no response.

"I don't think they can here you." I said to him.

"Shut up Sabastian." He responded then continued down the hall.

"Hello?" He asked repeatedly we were met with silence.

We had been walking down empty dark corridors for about twenty minutes now and had not come across one person.

"Anybody there?" He asked again and I was really starting to contemplating killing him just to shut him up.

We walked a little further and found some flashlights and an ax that hung on the wall. I was about to grab it when we herd someone singing.

"56 bottles of beer on the wall."

"You hear that?" Kane asked me.

"Yeah." I answered.

He called out again but the voice did not respond to him he just went on singing. Kane quickly made his way down the hall and I followed him.

When we turned the corner we saw a guy sitting on the ground with his arm trapped in one of the automatic doors.

"Hey can you hear me?" Kane asked as he reached out and touched the guys face causing him to jump back.

Or try to jump back considering he could not go anywhere.

"What do you want?" He asked then stopped to get a look at who he was talking to.

"Councilor, sir?" He said once he realized who he was talking to.

"It's Wick isn't it from engineering, Sinclair's apprentice?" Kane asked him.

"Yeah, he had me over ride the containment code to keep the doors open." Wick told Kane.

"Don't tell him I messed up."

"Hey you didn't mess up." Kane told him obviously lying considering he was stuck in the door.

"We need to get your arm free." Kane said before trying to pull on the door.

"Yeah let's do that. That sounds like a good idea." Wick responded.

"A little help here?" He asked me once he realized he could not do it on his own.

Even with the two of us we could not get the door to open enough to free Wick.

"Did you see anyone else around here?" Kane asked him.