Blood

Once Bellamy stormed out of the drop ship everyone seemed to follow. I could not believe that Clarke just left. She did not even offer to help Murphy. They couldn’t wait to get a far away from him as possible.

“I’ll be right back.” I said as I turned to go get some water.

“Wait.” Murphy said trying to stop me.

“Don’t leave.” He pleaded with me.

He was no longer scared to be venerable. It was only me and him in here.

“I’m just going right over there to get you some water.” I told him.

He looked over to where we had the clean water and nodded. I quickly filled a cup and brought it back to him.

“Here drink this.” I said to him as I handed him the cup.

He grabbed it from me and drank it quickly. So quickly he split most of it all over his body and tattered shirt.

“Did they even give you any water after they found you?” I asked him annoyed.

“No.” He answered then he placed his cup down.

“I need to clean off all this blood so I can really see how bad this is.” I told him.

I walked back over and filled a bowl with water and grabbed a cloth. When I got back to him I started to clean the blood off his face. Every time I touched him he could wince and try to move away from my touch. I was surprised as to how quickly the water bowl was full of his blood.

He was a lot worse than I thought. He was definitely going to have many scares. Both physical and psychological.

“They made a big mistake doing this to you.” I told him.

“Oh-yeah.” He answered. “Why is that?”

“Because I’m going to kill every grounder who hurt you.” I told him.

“I appreciate the officer but I like you much more in one peace.” He told me as he tried to laugh but instead it came out as a cough.

When he pulled back his hand it was covered with blood.

“Murphy.” I said as I took his hand worried.

When I looked back at him he looked terrified.

My first instinct was to look behind me but no one was there.

“What’s wrong?” I asked him.

“Your eye.” He said.

“What about my eyes.” I responded as I reached up to touch my eyes.

When I looked at my hand it was covered with blood.

“What the hell?” I asked.

“You’re crying blood.” He said to me as he tried to stand up but did not make it because he started to violently cough up a lot of blood.

“Murphy.” I said as I ran to his side.

“Something’s wrong.” He said to me.

“No shit.” I responded then Clarke stormed in.

Crying her own tears of blood.