Chapter 48

Saturday, February 20, 2016

5:00 p.m.

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

"Why it take yo' ass so long to get ready?!" Oscar says, walking into the bathroom.

I shake my head and continue applying my eyeliner,"we're not supposed to be there until 6:30. Why you rushing?"

"Because it's my birthday and I can do whatever the hell I want. That's why."

I suck my teeth,"whatever."

Oscar shakes his head and sits on the counter in front of me, running a hand through his jet black hair,"we still on for the club?"

I nod,"yea. I guess so." Even though I don't want to, I'll do it for Oscar.

Oscar claps his hands,"yas! I think it's time for you to find a new daddy anyways, to be honest."

I can feel my face heating up,"ok, first of all. I have a daddy. He in Alabama. Second, I don't need a relationship. Work and my child is the only thing on my mind right now. Third, I don't call girls daddy. Never did. Never will."

Oscar bursts out laughing,"ha, bitch you think that. I bet you once Rob-"

"Okay! We done with this conversation! Where is your man at?" I say, motioning him away.

"On your mind. That's where he at. You know damn well my man inexistent. But for you to rub that in my face, you a petty bitch."

I chuckle,"calm down. I was just joking. I'm done with my makeup now. You ready?"

Oscar scoffs sarcastically and rolls his eyes,"nah. I'm not ready. Give me ten more minutes."

I roll my eyes, setting my makeup back on the counter. I walk into my room and pick up my clutch and slip on my jacket.

"Come on then, Oscar," I say, fixing my hair one last time.

"Bitch, you come on. I been ready," Oscar says, sashaying out of my room.

I chuckle, shaking my head and follow him out of my room.

Robyn Fenty

Club Zero

10:30 p.m.

"Yes, bitch! Get it!" Mel yells as I begin dancing to T-Pain's 'Up, Down'.

I smile, standing against the wall and rolling my hips.

Thanks to Melissa, Kehlani and a close of other friends, I'm having the best birthday ever.

It all started at exactly twelve o'clock this morning, the official start of my birthday. Kehlani came over and made me breakfast in bed, which I have to admit, was pretty damn good. Then Melissa surprised me with her presence and took me shopping, her treat, at one of the most expensive shoe places. After buying almost all the shoes in the store, Melissa and her friend, Kelly, took me out to eat and threw me a surprise party afterwards. There was everything at the party, even female strippers, courtesy of Kehlani. To say I was happy is an understatement, I was ecstatic. And now, here I am. At Club Zero, in the VIP section, having the time of my life.