Chapter 34

12:00 p.m
Parliament Museum
Beyonce Giselle Knowles

When Robyn rushes off to the bathroom, I don't make an attempt to follow after her.
Somewhere in my mind, I believe what she said about the air because its believable. But another part of my mind is telling me that there's something more.
"Beyoncé?" I hear a voice ask, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I look up and see Robyn's cousin standing in front of me with the baby in her arms. I try to remember her name but it completely draws a blank.
"Yea?" I ask.
"We're heading to this restaurant down the street called Flip's. Would you like to join us?" She asks, adjusting the baby.
Without hesitation, I nod,"sure. Its just..."
I look around for Robyn, but see she's still not out of the restroom.
"Robyn's still in the bathroom. I guess she wasn't feeling too good," I inform her.
Suddenly a look of sadness crosses her face.
"What?" I ask.
She starts to say something but the rest of Robyn's family crowds around us.
"Where's Robyn?" Kandy asks.
"Shes in the bathroom. She said she's not feeling well." Robyn's cousin answers. But there's something about the way she said it makes me think they got something to hide.
"What's going on? Why do y'all sound like there's something that no ones telling me??" I ask, looking between Kandy and Robyn's cousin.
Kandy motions to Mama M and says,"well, we're ready to eat. We still going to Flip's?"
Mama M nods and everyone starts to disperse.
Mama M stays behind,"Im going to ride with you."
I nod and we start walking to the exit of the museum. I take my phone out of my shorts pocket and send Robyn a text message that says we're going to be at the restaurant.
Almost immediately she sends a text back.
Daddy Rob 😎🐱👅💦🔥: Yea. I'll be there in a min. Still not feelin good 😷

I frown at my screen, remembering that she said that she was alright.
"Don't worry about her, honey." Mama M says.
I look to my left and see that Mama M has a smile on her face.
"How do y'all do that?" I ask as we go through the threshold of the museum.
"Do what?" Mama M asks.
I reach into my clutch and take out Robyn's keys to her car," you and Robyn. It's like y'all can read my mind or something."
"It's just that your facial expression is so easy to read." Mama M says.
"Really?" I ask.
"Yep. But it's okay. Sometimes... the people who are the easiest to read are the easiest to love. That's probably why Robyn feels so open around you. You have a certain vulnerability in you that brings out the vulnerability in her. She hates it but at the same time, she loves it."
I nod my head, slowly processing the new information.
"And that's what I want to talk to you about." She says as we approach Robyn's white Altima.
"What?" I ask, glancing at her as I unlock the car.
"I have some things to tell you about Robyn. I want you to listen carefully and process everything I say to you."
"OK..." I say, stepping into the car.

Robyn's POV

"Nicki. I'm dead serious. You gotta leave." I tell her, trying to push past her.
She stands her short figure in front of me and I have to take a minute to admire it.