Chapter 30

The Next Day...
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Grantley Adams International Airport
Christ Church, Barbados
6:45 a.m
Robyn Rihanna Fenty

I step off the last step of the jet's stairs and pull my hoodie over my head, slipping it over my body. I didn't have the time to change, so I still have on my outfit from yesterday. I guess I'll take a bath over Mama M's house.
Beyoncé steps off the stairs beside me and we both take in the new scene.
The sun is just rising, causing a orange-yellow hue to color the sky. The distant smell of the salty ocean is in the air and the faint sound of seagulls is breaking the morning silence.
"Iight," Travis starts behind us,"the car should be here any minute now. Then it's a 20 minute drive to Saint Michael."
I nod and pull out my phone. I call Mama M. I put the phone to my ear as the phone rings. She picks up on the third ring.
"Hey, baby." Mama M says, her Bajan accent thick with excitement.
"Hey, mama." I reply, smiling,"We're in Christ Church Parish right now. We should be at the house in 25 minutes. We have to get something to eat."
"No, no, baby. I cooked over here. You know I always cook when someone new comes over."
"Ok, mama. But, I also know how you get about new people. Try not to scare her away," I say as a black Lincoln Town Car pulls up in front of us.
"Robyn, calm down. I know how to act. It's Rajad you need to be worried about. That boy don't know how to act."
I smile and follow Beyoncé to the car.
"Mama, please don't let him get close to Beyoncé. Or, I might have to raise my fists and do some damage," I say, laughing and getting in the car beside Beyoncé.
"Robyn," my mama says, chuckling,"I believe you will. Ok, now. I've got to get back to the pasteles-"
"Pasteles?" I interrupt, closing the car door and settling in the seat beside Beyoncé,"why would you go through the trouble of making those for someone? We haven't eaten that in years."
(A/N* If you did not know, pasteles are basically a Bajan tamale.They also have the nickname, conkies. The difference between tamales and pastries is instead of having meat and things inside of the pasteles, they usually have pumpkin, coconut and cornmeal in it. They are usually used on holidays, but many people cook them for special occasion.*)

"Because, I felt like it. And unless you want them overcooked, I would hang up."
I smile,"ok, mama. I'll see you in a minute."
She says her goodbye then she hangs up.
I slip my phone into my hoodie pocket and look around, seeing that we aren't moving.
"What's taking so long?" I mutter, then I see that Travis isn't in the car. I turn my head and see that Travis is struggling to fit Beyoncé's suitcase into the trunk. I laugh and stick my head out of the window,"Travis. If you don't hurry up."
Travis huffs and the car rocks forward,"well, if ya girl didn't bring a couple'a bodies in her suitcase, a nigga won't be havin' trouble fitting shit in the trunk."
Beyoncé and I share a laugh and I stick my head back in the car. I glance at Beyoncé and see a smile spread across her face. She's been having that smile on her face all morning. What's up with her?
I scoot close to her and nudge her,"why you been smiling?"
"Because..." she starts,"I can."
I shrug my shoulders and scoot back over to my side.
The trunk slams shut and Travis walks to the passenger side of the car. I watch as he gets in and let's out a loud sigh. The driver chuckles and asks,"you okay?"
Travis whips around in his seat and points his index finger at me,"last time I'm dealing with ya girl's shit." Then he turns back around and sinks into his seat.
Beyoncé snickers beside me, making me snicker too.

20 minutes later...
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

The car stops and the driver says,"here we are."
I hear the crash of waves so look up from my phone and look out of the window. There is a beach to the left but my mouth drops open at the sight to my right.