Chapter 19

12:30 p.m
Monday, November 23, 2015
Robyn Rihanna Fenty
Applebees

I sit at the booth I got reserved for Beyoncé and I. She's not here. I look at my phone. 12:31.
She's probably not coming, A voice in my head says. I shake my head, ignoring my thoughts. She has to come. I can't believe it, but I've actually started to catch feelings for her.
What are you talking about? You don't catch feelings for people. The last time you caught feeling, what happened?
I look at my phone again, tapping my foot. 12:33 p.m. I get up from the booth and head to the door. She's probably still mad at me. I called her stupid. Then I left with Onika. She's gotta be mad. I walk to my black Ferrari and start to get in.
That's when I see a Mercedes Benz speed into the space beside me, almost running me over. I press against my car, my heart pounding.
The car turns off and Beyoncé steps out, laughing.
"Bey!" I say, angry but relieved at the same time.
She walks up to me and I examine her outfit.

"I like your choice, but I was thinking something like a dress

"I like your choice, but I was thinking something like a dress." I tell her motioning to her floral Adidas outfit.
Beyoncé puts her hand on her hip,"A dress. To Applebees? In the damn near winter? No."
I laugh,"ok. I thought you weren't gonna show up."
"I wasn't, but Oscar made me do it." She says, looking at the ground.
I use my index finger to lift her head. I make eye contact with her and smile,"don't ever look at the ground. I want to see your face every second you're around me."
She blushes and looks away,"we gonna eat or not?"
I take my hand away and shut my car door,"uh. Yea. Come on."
We walk into the restaurant and a waiter comes up to us,"Hi, welcome to Applebees. My name is Michael and I'll be your waiter for this afternoon. How may I seat you lovely ladies?"
I point to the empty booth in the far corner that I was sitting at,"I reserved that."
He looks at it,"Yes, ma'am. You may go. I will be there in a minute to take drinks and appetizers."
I nod and we make our way to the semi-circular booth. I slide in, and Beyoncé slides in across from me.
I frown, but shake it off.
Once settled in, I set my phone on the table. Beyoncé does the same. I grab it and place it on top of mine and push them to the corner off the table.
"What-" Beyoncé starts.
"No phones, we gonna talk like adults about this. Don't need any distractions."
Beyoncé does this half-nod thing and says,"o-ok."
"Good. So-"
"Can I take your drink and appetizer order?" the waiter says, interrupting me.
I sigh and say,"I'll take a Lemon Sea Salt margarita."
He nods, writing it down and looks at Beyoncé, who is looking through the drinks menu. I notice that he's staring at her, drooling over her.
I glare at him for a minute then I look away. Can't be petty about it because we don't go out.
"I'll take a Strawberry Kiwi margarita and lemon salt with it." Beyoncé says, looking up at him," I like your eyes."
"Thanks." the waiter says, writing the order down.
"Appetizers?" He asks, staring at me now. I notice his eyes are the lightest blue I have ever seen. I feel like my stomach is churning. How are his eyes blue? I shake my head and look at the menu.
"What you want, Bey?" I ask, looking at her. She bites her lip, staring at me and I automatically know what she's thinking.
"Later." I whisper her, sticking out my tongue and rolling it.
Her eyes grow wide and she looks away, blushing.
"Just some chips." She says to the waiter.
He nods then he walks away.
I start smiling,"did you see him staring at you?"
She shakes her head,"no. Why?"
I shrug my shoulders,"I don't know. He just need to know that your mine."
"Whaaaaat?" Beyoncé says, putting her hand to her chest, looking surprised.
"Yea." I say, nodding.
"I'm not yours. I don't belong to anyone."
"That pussy belong to me." I say, smiling. Her mouth drops open and I see her face redden.
I smile and raise my eyebrows two times,"you know it's true..."
"Kiss my ass." Beyoncé says, flipping me off and laughing.
"Gladly," I tell her, leaning over the table, sneaking a kiss.
She seems surprised at first but then she kisses me back. I pull away slowly, biting her lip. She smiles as I sit back down and lick my lips. The waiter comes to the table, placing the drinks and chips on the table. I watch him as he smiles at Beyoncé.
"Hey, baby can u pass the salt?" I ask, smiling at her.
I see at the corner of my eye the waiter's face scrunched up and he mouths the word baby. After she hands me the salt, I let my hand lay on top of hers.
I hear the waiter inhale deeply then he says,"I'll be back in a minute to take your orders." Then he leaves.
Beyoncé laughs,"why you do that man like that?"
I shrug, taking a sip of margarita. Beyoncé does the same.
I scoot around the booth until I'm next to her. She glances at me and tries to scoot away, but she is in the edge. I smile and grab her by her thigh, pulling her towards me.
"Ow." She whines. I chuckle,"shut up big baby."
She pouts, making me smile.
"Did you see his eyes?"She asks, taking a chip.
I nod,"yea. You got a thing for eyes?"
She shrugs, eating the chip,"I don't know. I mean yours are weird."
"Weird?" I ask, pulling my drink to me.
"B-but a good weird. I think they're sexy." She says, looking at her drink.
I smile, holding her chin up with my finger,"So what you think about me? Like, why you been ignoring me?"
She shrugs and takes another chip,"I don't know. I don't want you but-"
"You can't stay away." I finish her sentence for her, drifting my hand up her thigh.
She jumps a little and says," yea. I mean, no- but yes. I know it sounds crazy."
"No its not." I say, kissing her neck. She shifts a little and pulls away," I can't do this."
"Do what?!" I ask, feeling a little frustrated.
She motions to me,"this. I'm not gay!"
I smirk,"wasn't saying that the other night." She stomps my foot with her high heels, making me grit my teeth.
"Why do you and Oscar say that?" She asks, pouting again.
My eyes grow wide at his name. I suddenly remember who he is.
"Oscar. I knew him a couple years back." I say.
"Yea." She says,"he told me."
I pull my hand away from her thigh,"he told you about-"
She nods again.
I shake my head, taking a sip of my drink,"it's nothing. Old news..." My voice trails off.
"What was her name?" She asks, giving me direct eye contact.
"K-"
"Hi. My name is Tanya. I will be your new waitress for today. What can I get you guys?"
I look up at the waitress,"I would like-"
"I remember you!" She says.
I frown at her, not recognizing her,"I'm sorry, I dont-"
"Of course you don't. It was dark at the club. I don't appreciate you leaving like that."

********************
☕☕

Vote. Comment.

~Trina J.