Chapter 33

11:15 a.m
Parliament Museum
Bridgetown, Barbados
Robyn Rihanna Fenty

"Robyn. Did you hear me?"
I snap out of my heavy thoughts and focus my eyes on Beyoncé.
I feel my head throbbing from the thoughts, but I don't know what I was thinking about. I feel my stomach turn uneasily for some reason.
"You okay? You look sick..." Beyoncé says, worry evident in her voice.
I look past her and see that my family is already ahead, looking at other displays. I nod, exhaling a breath that I seemed to be holding in.
"Yea. Yea. I'm- I'm okay. I just... No. I'm good." I say, mentally cursing myself for stuttering.
"Are you sure? Becaus-"
I interrupt her by lightly kissing her on her lips.
Once I pull away, I say," I said... I'm alright. Okay?"
Beyoncé nods and smiles,"okay."
I find myself staring at her lips and I see some of my lipstick on her lips.
I reach into my purse and pull out my personal handkerchief.
"Here." I mumble, handing her the handkerchief.
She takes it and dabs at her lips, a huge grin plastered across her face.
"What?" I ask, trying not to smile too.
"Nothing. It's just... you look-"
"Uhp!" I interrupt her, holding up my hand and walking past her.
I can hear her trailing behind me as I rush to catch up with my family.
"No, I was just trying to say-"
"Blah." I drag out, strolling through the musuem. I finally catch up with them and pretend to be interested in a medieval display.
"You look good." I hear Beyoncé rush out.
As soon as she says that, it seems like everyone stops doing what they were doing.
"I was just about to say that!" Crystal squeals, sending off a string of agreements from everyone.
"I swear, looking like a big ol' bag of Sexy As Fuck." Rajad says.
"Yea. She looks different, and I like it. No wonder Bey all in that..." Kandy trails off, causing everyone to laugh.
I feel my face burning at the raining compliments. I glare at Beyoncé and see her face turning a prominent shade of red.
"See what you did?" I ask, motioning to my buzzing family.
Beyoncé shrugs,"I was just saying you look good."
I turn my attention to my family,"you all acting like y'all haven't seen me dressed like this before."
Everyone is silent for a second before Mama coughs and says," we haven't."
Not since her...
There is a heavy, awkward silence. I guess everyone is thinking the same thing.
Beyoncé, oblivious to the situation breaks the ice,"we gonna look at these last things or..."
Everyone snaps out of the silence and starts moving on to the display.
I slowly start walking to the display, but stop when I see Beyoncé walk back to me.
"What?" I ask as she stops in front of me.
"Are you ok? Don't lie to me," she states, putting a hand on her hip.
"Yea," I lie, nodding my head,"I said I'm alright."
Beyoncé starts to say something else but I interrupt her,"let's just... Go to this last display. Then we can go."
"Ok," she replies. I start walking to the next display and I hear Beyoncé walking close behind me. My stomach lurches for some reason, making me feel sick.
"Don't walk behind me." I say, not looking over my shoulder.
I finally see her walking beside me and I breathe out a sigh of relief.
"Your accent has come out a lot since we got here." Beyoncé mutters.
"Really?" I ask, stopping in my tracks to look at her.
"Huh?" she asks, stopping too.
"You said my accent has come out since we got here." I say, raising my brows.
"I didn't know I said that aloud." Beyoncé mutters, her face gaining a light blush to it.
"Is that good or..." I trail off, referring to my accent.
"It's good- I mean it's sexy..." she whispers the last part, but I hear it.
"Oh?" I ask, starting to walk past her.
"Yea." Beyoncé says, as I brush past her.
When I lightly touch her, my vision disappears and all I see is white.
My head starts ringing and pulsating, a dog whistle-like sound going through my ears. I put my hands over my ears and try to cry out but no sound is audible except for the high pitched whistle.
Suddenly my mind flashes back.

"I'm just saying, I like your accent." Kehlani says, leaning against the museum wall.
"Yea?" I ask, feeling my heart flutter at her voice.
"Yea. It's sexy." she says, smiling. I smile at her dimples that appear on her cheeks.
I walk to her and stand in front of her as she leans against the wall. I can't help but trace my fingers over her many tattoos on her arms.
I love you, K, A voice in my head says.
I look back at her face and see a expression of utter shock painted on it.
I chuckle, oblivious to the situation,"what?"
"I love you, too." Kehlani says, staring into my eyes.
My eyes widen slightly," I said that aloud?"
A soft laugh comes from her mouth as she nods.
"Well..." I say, backing away from her,"now that I told you, I have to kill you."
Kehlani laughs again, making my heart fill with emotion.
Her hand reaches out and she holds my hand," I mean it, Rob."
I look down at our joined tattooed hands and smile.
"I mean it too." I reply, looking back into her eyes.
*********