Chapter 46

* Just a long filler chapter. *

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Los Angeles, California

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

A knock sounds at my office door, causing me to look up from my papers.

"Who is it?" I ask, pulling off my reading glasses.

"It's Ms. Williams. Jay just dropped Blue off," a voice replies.

I smile,"come on in."

Ms. Williams walks in with Blue in tow, a ice cream cone in hand.

"Hey, baby girl," I say, twisting my chair around. She walks to me, a smile on her face and gives me a hug.

Her ice cream grazes my cheek, causing me to chuckle. Just as she pulls away, I take a lick of her ice cream.

"Hey!" She exclaims, swatting at me.

I smile and wipe the ice cream from my face,"how was your day with daddy?"

"Good. We went to the park and then we watched movie. But then daddy phone ringed and he said he had business to handle so he's bringing me back."

"That's good, you wanna go play?" I ask, pointing to her area of my office,"I got you new toys."

A smile spreads across her lips ave she rushes over to her play area.

I swivel my chair back towards my desk, facing Ms. Williams.

"Ok, so for the next few days, you have a pretty relaxed schedule. Today, you have nothing in your agenda but signing off on some deals. Tomorrow, the 19th, you have a cross photo shoot with Complex and Terry Richardson at 11 a.m. Terry's showing off some of his new faces and he wants you to see what you think. Saturday through Monday, you are free, but on Tuesday, it's grinding time because we have major sponsors who would like to feature your products."

I nod, pushing a stray hair out of my face,"ok, thanks."

Ms. Williams nods and turns on her heels, walking out of my office. As soon as the door closes, I put my glasses back on and continue to read the papers.

For the past three months, my life as been going according to plan. I haven't heard from Robyn, I fully divorced Jay, Jay and I settled out differences and he's fully taking over the role as a father and I'm making more progress with my clothing line, Ivy Park.

To say that I don't think about Robyn is an understatement. Sometimes, when I'm not working and my mind is free, she finds a way to slip inside my mind. I know it had to be cruel and heartless for me to leave her like that, but it was for the better. Of course, when my mom heard the news, the moment she came on Christmas, she basically beat my ass, calling me everything under the sun then told me to call her and apologize, but I never found the time to actually do it. Right now, work and Blue has been my top priorities, my love life isn't.

It takes about 30 minutes to sign the papers after reading all of the fine print. I set my glasses on the desk, a yawn coming out of my mouth.

I check the time on my Rolex. 5:22 p.m.

I glance at Blue,"hey, baby. You ready to go home? Mommy's kinda tired."

Blue looks up from her kitchen set,"can we get ocean food?"

I chuckle, raising an eyebrow,"you mean seafood?"

Blue stares at me, a confused look on her face. It takes a minute before she gasps and nods,"yea. Seafood."