Chapter 29

7:30 p.m
Los Angeles International Airport
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

I step out of the passenger side of Robyn's Ferrari. The crisp, November air hits me, making me pull my plaid jacket closer to my body.

The sound of a plane's roaring is overwhelming, making my ears ring

The sound of a plane's roaring is overwhelming, making my ears ring. I groan and walk to the trunk of the car, waiting for Robyn.
Robyn steps out and walks fashionably slow toward me, keys in her hand. I take a moment to admire her outfit and process how good she looks.

"Can you hurry up?" I ask impatiently

Robyn rolls her eyes and meets me at the trunk, pressing a button on her keychain.
The trunk opens revealing my suitcase and Robyn's overnight bag. I pull out my suitcase and set it on the ground, looking around for the private jet Robyn said was waiting for us.
I finally spot an white jet a couple hundred feet away from us.

I hear Robyn's car trunk slam shut and Robyn starts walking ahead of me, her bag over her shoulder

I hear Robyn's car trunk slam shut and Robyn starts walking ahead of me, her bag over her shoulder. I grab the handle of my suitcase and follow her, the suitcase rolling behind me.
A minute later we make it to the plane and I see a bodyguard standing at the top of the stairs. He runs down the stairs when he spots us and hugs Robyn.
"Wassup, Rihanna? You ready to go?" He asks, pulling away.
I watch as she nods,"Yea." She turns around and motions to me,"Travis, help her with her stuff. Travis, this is Beyoncé. Bey, this is my bodyguard, Travis. Be friends, but if you get too close, Travis, I'm going to have to toss you off the plane. "
I laugh and wave at him. He smiles, walking towards me.
He offers his hand and I pull the suitcase handle towards him.
"Thank you." I say as he takes the handle.
"No problem. Anything for the girl who changed Ri-Ri. I gotta ask, how'd you do it?"
I look up and see that Robyn is already making her way into the jet. I look back at Travis,"um... what do you mean?"
Travis raises his brows at me, jokingly,"you know what I mean. No piece of cat ever made Rih become so whipped. What'd you do to her?"
I smile, unresponsive to his question,"um... I don't know. I'm kinda new to this too."
Travis sucks his teeth and holds his head up, sticking out his lips. The gesture makes me laugh.
"Yea, I bet you are. Got Robyn pussy-whipped and shit. Y'all just need to watch for her ex. I mean, if you ain't know already, she crazy."
I nod,"yea. I know. That's why this getaway is good."
Travis chuckles and motions to the stairs. I walk up them and turn to the right, giving me a full view of the inside of the luxurious plane.