Chapter 42

Robyn Rihanna Fenty

My stomach lurches forward and my heart drops. Chills run through my body and my mouth dries up as I try to process what she just said.

"A- You-" I try to come up with the right word, but a sudden feeling of helplessness crashes down over me. 

"I said a break. Like not talking to each other anymore," She says, her voice sounding choked.

"N-No, Bey," I try to spit out more words, but I feel a heavy lump forming in my throat. 

Bey pulls her hand from mine and a cold hand of loneliness takes its place.

"You said so yourself! I don't know if I'm gay or not! I don't! And I can't just drop out of a relationship to get into another one. Even though things were perfect, I don't want to end up getting hurt in the end. It happened once and its happening now. I just need a brea-"

"No!" I snap, stopping her from saying those dreaded words again,"it's not happening again. There's a reason for everything and you can't just throw away a relationship because you think that you'll get hurt in the end. And you're saying things were perfect. Relationships aren't meant to be perfect. Hell, look at us right now, we arguing. That's what happens. We argue, make up and stay together. Not break things off. Just because you got hurt by a person who didn't give care about you, or love you, doesn't mean I will. I love you, ok? And I can't-"

"Don't say that!" Beyoncè screams, standing up abruptly, dropping her phone in the process. 

"Say what? I love y-" 

'Don't say that you love me in the worst of times. You can't just toy with my emotions like that! You know I'm confused. You can't keep doing this. We cant keep doing this..." She says, starting to walk off.

"B-but it's true!" I reply, frantically getting up after her. I feel like I'm losing her faster and faster. The whole feeling is making my body shake.

"No it's not! You're just saying that because you're desperate. How many other girls did you say that to?"

My mouth drops open, my mind not believing what she just said. That's a low blow. Real fucking low blow. 

I watch in anger as she folds her arms across her chest, a deep look of regret on her face. I don't care. The tears had already fallen from my eyes. Her words were already spoken.

"If you want to know so fuckin' bad. One," I say, speaking past the lump in my throat. I hold up one finger to show emphasis, so she can get that through her delusional skull.

I feel my stomach twisting as I continue,"one. And the one I did say that to, I regret that so deeply. I don't know what I was thinking, because in the end? I got hurt so bad, physically and emotionally. I almost fucking died because my emotions got the best of me! And for you to throw that in my fucking face? Thats so fucking low..."

"I'm sor-" 

"I don't want to hear it. Get out of my fucking room," I grit, pointing to the door. 

She stands there, an apologetic look on her face. I close my eyes, my anger taking over me. I'm trying so hard to not hurt her, but she's testing me by staying in my presence. 

"Get. The. Fuck. Out." I say again, clenching my fists.

I finally hear the sound of the door closing and that's when I open my eyes. I lie back down on the bed, angry tears falling freely down my face. 

I roll over to lie on my back and raise my shaking hands in front of my face. I clap my hands together to calm them, then I ball them into fists by my side.