Chapter 20

How many people gone watch the BET awards? Said it's posed to be lit. I'll be the judge of that. 😎
**********
Beyoncé Knowles
Applebees

When the waitress says that, I feel my face burning.
I play it off and speak,"um..." I drag the word out, causing her to look at me,"Can I get my order please?"
The waitress rolls her eyes and focuses her attention back to Robyn.
"If you want, we can meet up la-"
I clear my throat,"Rob..." I say, staring at her.
Robyn squeezes my thigh,"Baby, hold on."
The waitress glares at me making me smile.
"I would like a clubhouse burger and the steak fries. What you want, baby girl," Robyn says. By now, I can feel the waitress eyes on the back of my head.
I pick up the menu, knowing what I want, but I want to be petty. Because that's what I am.
"Hmmmm. Lemme get-no... How does the steak sound, baby?"
Robyn kisses my cheek,"sounds good. About as good as you taste."
Both me and the waitress start to choke on our spit. I can hear Robyn chuckling.
"I'll take the 6 ounce sirloin steak with some vegetables." I say, shooing her away.
Tanya writes it down then storms off.
Robyn snickers, causing me to laugh.
"Ok. Look." Robyn says, scooting to the other side of the booth across from me, giving me direct eye contact.
I frown a little, uncomfortable by the eye contact,"what's up?"
She sighs,"I'm sorry for lashing out at you yesterday and calling you stupid. I didn't mean to say that."
I shake my head,"you did mean it. But it's ok. I'm stupid for going back to him."
"No. No. No" Robyn says, shaking her head,"you're not stupid. You're smart and you're beautiful-"
"You barely even know me." I interrupt.
"I know. I know. That's why I wanna get to know you. You can't keep pushing me away like this. I never thought I would've said this. I kinda blocked myself from catching feelings, but-" She stops and runs her hands through her hair. I see her eyes starting to get glossy. So she does cry, I think, smiling.
I hear a tap on the window beside me. I turn my head to see a girl pointing to something in the parking lot.
I look past her and see a line of people holding up a sign that says,'Say Yes'
I turn back around, confused. All the breath leaves my body as I see Robyn kneeling on the floor in front of me.
No. No. No.
"Robyn don't do this." I say, almost whining. I don't want this to happen. I can tell she knows too.
"Shh. I ain't proposing to you." She says. I hear people laughing. I look up to see a crowd of people, almost the whole restaurant, gathering around us.
"Now. I swore that I would never get on a knee again, unless it was to marry again." Robyn says, getting my attention,"hell, I didn't even think I was gonna find someone again. I barely even know you, I know that. But I promise..." She pulls out a small box and opens it, revealing a ring with a  diamond on it.

I feel tears starting to come from my eyes

I feel tears starting to come from my eyes. I feel angry at myself, but happy for some reason. I can't even control my emotions. What's wrong with me?
"I promise... to get to know you. To do you right. To let you be mines and mines only." She stares into my eyes, making my body go numb.
"I promise. Do you?"
I look around again and see the people from outside, by the bar, holding the sign in the air. Say yes. I see everyone waiting for my reaction.
I inhale and exhale as I look back at Robyn, who is staring at me with pleading eyes. I nod my head.
"Yea?" Robyn asks, her emerald green eyes lighting up.
"Yea." I say, nodding my head again. Everyone breaks into cheers, coming by and congratulating Robyn.
She stands up and places the ring on my ring finger. Then she closes her eyes and rubs her temples,"Can't believe I did this..."
I smile, examining the ring,"I can't believe it either. Are we crazy?"
Robyn kisses me on my lips,"must be."
I look up at her and smile," so what now?"
She looks around,"let's go back to my house."
I start to say something but she interrupts,"I'm not going to try to do anything. I just wanna talk."
My smile grows wider,"ok."
She pulls out her wallet and drops two twenties on the table. Then she takes my hand,"let's go."
*************
Iight now. What's up?

What y'all think?

Moving too fast or nah?

Leave some love.

Vote. Comment.

~Trina J.