Chapter Fifty-Nine

We landed on the ground with a thud and music and cheers greeted us. I sat on the ground in shock; Potter wasn't supposed to leave alive. Potter just cried, clinging to Cedric's body, and I just stared blankly with my mouth slightly open. People started realizing something was wrong, and some screamed, finally realizing it.

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled, and everyone tried clambering out to see us.

"He's back; Voldemort's back...and Leah's his daughter!" Potter cried into the scared silence. I didn't move. I just stared into space, not knowing what to do now.

"He killed Cedric," Potter rambled on, crying and grasping the cold body of Cedric.

"My boy, that's my boy!" his dad yelled in anguish, and students started crying.

"Leah!" Pansy called, and she pushed past, hugging me tightly.

"Oh, you're alright!" she sobbed and mum ran out.

"Back away, let them breathe!" Barty growled at everyone else trying to crowd around.

"Oh, Leah, darling, you could've died! You told me he was dead, he cannot be back!" mum whispered frantically. I clung to her, and Barty pulled Potter and me to our feet.

"Come on you two," he said, pulling us roughly to his office. I had to run to keep up, and Potter was in a shocked silence. We were pushed into two chairs, and Barty licked his lips. I scanned the room with exhilaration filling me, and then my blood turned cold.

"You!" I shrieked, my eyes instantly turning red. He smirked at me and just continued lounging in his chair.

"You liar, spy, disgrace!" I listed, and Barty pushed me down as I went to strangle him.

"The Carrow's aren't your parents!" I hissed and Alex finally stood up.

"Of course not," he smiled, but he seemed much different, more at ease with me and less seductive.

"Who are you?" I asked angrily, and he shrugged.

"I'm still Alex, nothing like Ariana," he said and Barty cut in, pushing Alex back.

"What happened?" he asked us.

"The cup was a portkey," Potter muttered.

"It took us to a graveyard where Voldemort was," I said.

"The Dark Lord was there? Alright, then what happened?" Barty asked and I saw excitement clear in his eyes.

"He killed Cedric, and then took a potion to make his body return," Potter said, looking down, but Barty looked at me and I nodded; I had killed him.

"Then the death eaters showed up; Voldemort threatened to kill me, even though he said I was his daughter. Then they dueled," I said and Barty nodded, trying to seem neutral.

"You dueled the Dark Lord?" Barty asked.

"We got away..." Potter nodded and I smiled.

"You did brilliantly, Harry," I said. He nodded jerkily and I sighed.

"There's a death eater at Hogwarts!" Potter blurted and I held my breath; how did he know? 

"I know Harry, I know there is," Barty nodded.

"Is it Karkaroff, is he locked up?" Potter asked urgently.

"Karkaroff? No Harry, it wasn't him. He fled the minute his mark burned," Barty scowled.

"Then he didn't put our names in the cup?" Potter asked in confusion.

"No Potter...I did that," Barty revealed, and I stayed silent.