Chapter Forty-Five

"Leah," someone said, shaking me slightly. I groaned and turned to the other side.

"Leah, wake up," the same person chuckled.

"Hm?" I mumbled. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Draco leaning over me.

"Before you come downstairs, I wanted to warn you that my mom set up mistletoe all over the house. Be careful when you enter a room," he laughed and then walked out. I sighed and sat up, looking around my room to see mistletoe by the window. Wow, Draco was dead serious. Alisana was perched on the window and I walked over to her.

"Aw looks like we're under the mistletoe," I laughed to her, and then kissed her soft feathers lightly. She hooted and I gave her a small treat.

"You're such a pretty girl," I whispered and then looked at my reflection. My hair was knotted and up in a very messy bun. My eyes were sleepy, but it was nothing a little cold water couldn't fix. I wandered into the bathroom attached to my room and splashed water on my face. I combed my hair, and put it back up in a bun. 

Draco was scowling when I walked into the kitchen and when I looked up, I realized it was because his mother put mistletoe above him. Narcissa walked by and paused to kiss his cheek, which I laughed at.

"Oh good morning sweetie!" she smiled and I groaned.

"What's so good about it?" I asked grumpily and Draco laughed.

"Leah isn't a morning person," he smirked.

"I can tell," Narcissa smiled.

"She's like me," Lucius said from behind his Daily Prophet.

"That's such a lie," Narcissa laughed and then sat down next to Draco. There were three seats on each side, and one at each end. Draco was in the middle, Narcissa was on one side of him, and Lucius was across from Narcissa. I sat across from Draco, one seat to the left, so I wasn't near anybody.

"Why so far away?" Narcissa asked, confused.

"I'm not kissing anyone under mistletoe," I said, shaking my head, which she laughed at.

"Aw where's your Christmas spirit?" she laughed, and then I looked up to see mistletoe growing above me. I scowled and Narcissa walked by and kissed my cheek.

"See, not so bad," she laughed and I shook my head.

"I don't understand why people do that," I scowled. I heard her laughing as she walked away, and then Tinsel timidly walked in.

"Miss Riddle would you like breakfast?" she asked and I was shocked she called me 'Riddle'.

"Oh, um, no thanks," I shrugged and Draco scoffed.

"Yeah, she would," he said.

"I'm really not hungry right now, but I'll grab something later."

"You should eat now," Draco said.

"Right now I'm going to go change out of my pajamas because it's freezing in here," I decided, and Draco got up to follow me.

"Aw, why, I think you look good in your little shorts," he teased and I shot a warning look at his dad, who was trying not to laugh.

 "Shut up," I snapped and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Cranky," he smiled and I sighed.

"Oh, look!" Narcissa grinned, reentering the room and looking at the ceiling. I wearily glanced up and saw mistletoe hanging above us. I squealed and tried running away, but Draco stopped me and brought me into a long kiss.

"Draco," I frowned, pulling away. I felt myself blushing and spared at glance at his mother. He might not care, but I do.

"Leah, you're supposed to kiss under the mistletoe," he smirked.

"Let go of me so we can get ready to go to Diagon Alley," I scolded.

"Fine, fine," he grinned. I hurried upstairs to put on a black long-sleeved dress with black tights and heeled boots. As I was fixing my hair, Draco walked into the room in his own all black ensemble.

"Hi handsome," I smiled.

"Beautiful," he greeted.

"Ready?" I asked and he nodded.

"Well, let's go then," I took his hand and we met Narcissa outside. We all held hands and apparated to Diagon Alley.

Once my feet were firmly on the ground, I let go of Narcissa's hand but kept a hold of Draco's. We walked off on our own, and I saw light snow beginning to fall.

"What should I get your mother?" I asked worriedly.

"I have the perfect idea," he smiled and we walked off to find the perfect gifts for everyone.