Chapter Twenty-Six

Ginny's POV

I sent Leah the letter, hoping she got it and showed up. We were all worried.

"Do you think she's alright?" Ron worried and I smiled.

"She's a tough one, of course she's okay!" I exclaimed, but I still wasn't sure. We sat around the fire in silence for a while and pretty soon, it had been an hour since I sent Leah the letter.

"Ginny, would you go find Leah please?" Harry begged, and I could see he was really worried.

"Sure, Ron did you hear the password?" I asked, turning to Ron who was nervously staring at the common room door.

"It's Pureblood," he mumbled, glancing at the clock. I nodded and quickly walked out. I ran down the steps all the way to the dungeons, and could hear what sounded like Leah singing with someone else. It ended really quickly and then there was talking, cheering, and then a new set of voices.

"Pureblood," I said and the door swung open. I looked around and saw Slytherins dressed in revealing party clothes. Some people were grinding others were just dancing regularly, and some were jumping up and down, cheering. The lights were admittedly really cool and I cautiously walked in, but soon realized most of them were drunk. I looked over to the refreshment table and saw Malfoy's unmistakable figure. Just by the way he stood and the color of his hair. Next to him I saw a girl, but couldn't make out who it was. His arm was around her waist and she was leaning into him. She started cheering and Draco turned towards her, said something, and then she smiled sheepishly. I heard what sounded like 'Leah'. It couldn't be Leah! I looked more closely and realized that it was.

"Leah, what the hell are you doing?" I asked and she barely glanced back before taking a long drink of butterbeer. She turned towards me, still drinking, and then stopped.

"H-hey Ginny," she slurred. Oh god, she's drunk!

"I thought they didn't want you here," I said, narrowing my eyes at her butterbeer.

"Well, th-they didn't. I was trying to...trying to sneak out so I could go up to the common room, but they f-found me. I don't really know what happened after that. It's a blurrrrrrr," she giggled, her words being slurred and her speech impaired.

"I need to get you out of here," I said, worrying they'd do something horrible to her.

"How'd you get in here?" she giggled, taking my face in her hands roughly.

"Ron heard you say the password and told me to come get you," I said, tugging on her hands. I narrowed my eyes slightly, catching sight of what looked like a tattoo on her forearm. But soon I was distracted, realizing she had fallen backward. The singing stopped and people started clapping, and Leah looked pleased. I tried again with Leah.

"Leah, come on work with me!" I groaned trying to pull her up. She stumbled and spilled her butterbeer.

"Ugh, my butterbeer!" she cried out. Malfoy laughed and tossed her another one, which she gladly chugged. Malfoy was up to something.

"Leah enough!" I scolded, trying not to show suspicion.

"No!" she yelled as I went to take it. I pulled back in defeat and Parkinson started speaking.

"Well, even I have to admit, Draco and Leah beat us," she said sourly and everyone yelled and cheered.

"Fuck yeah!" Leah yelled and stood up, dragging Draco to the stage.

"What's a blood traitor doing here?" Pansy asked and Leah took the microphone.

"Pretend she's not here," she said, smiling at Parkinson. I frowned, feeling really betrayed.