Chapter Nine

"And the Serpents catch the snitch!"

The stands were in an uproar and I found myself on my feet with the rest of them, cheering and laughing. As everyone flocked the field to congratulate the two teams, I weaved my way through the crowd to find Potter.

"Hey! Great job, Harry," I beamed once I found him.

"Oh, thanks," he frowned.

"Look, it doesn't matter that Draco caught the snitch. Your team did a really great job."

"We did, yeah," he smiled at me.

"Oh, hi Leah. Did you enjoy watching the game?" Granger asked, coming up beside Potter.

"Absolutely! Hey, Hermione, I heard you were starting an organization. S.P.E.W. if I remember correctly," I said, doing my best to look interested.

"I am!" she smiled.

"May I join? I think what you're doing is brilliant," I smiled.

"Oh my goodness, yes! It's two sickles to join," she said and I felt someone come up behind me.

"I'll have to pay you later then," I said and then tried to glance and see who had joined our circle.

"Nonsense. Consider it taken care of," Alex said, winking at me as he handed Granger the money.

"You don't have to do that," I said.

"I know, but I dare say I want to. What's two sickles between two friends and a good cause?"

"Well, thank you. Great game, by the way. Was that the infamous Ravenclaw strategy making Draco mentioned?" I smiled.

"It was, it was. You'll have to come see a regular game some time. It's even better when all of my team is playing," he smiled back.

"Ah! Here you are," Granger fished a badge out of her bag as Potter alternated between staring at Alex and I, and the ground.

"Thank you. I'll be sure to spread the word," I said.

"Thanks! Harry, we ought to head back up to the castle. We have some studying to do," Granger said and Potter looked disgruntled but nodded.

"Bye guys," I waved and they waved back as they departed.

"I'll walk you up to Slytherin, then?" Alex asked.

"If you'd like," I said and he laughed.

"So you're Hestia and Flora's cousin?" I asked.

"Ah, yeah. They're a joy at family functions," he joked.

"They've been quite helpful to me. With helping me assimilate and all of that," I waved my hand.

"I doubt you need much help. I can tell your House is already shifting to make you leader. We can all see it," he shrugged.

"And here I was hoping to be subtle," I said and he laughed.

"I reckon subtlety isn't really your style."

"Oh Merlin, no."

"Loveland!" a voice barked from not too far off and I jumped slightly.
"What?" I asked in irritation, looking over to see Moody limping towards us.

"Don't you 'what' me. I want to talk to ya," he looked between Alex and I.

"Fine. Are you coming to Slytherin tonight, Alex?" I turned my back on Moody.

"Depends. Are you going to be there?" he smirked.

"As a matter of fact, I am."

"Well, then I'll see you tonight. Professor," he nodded to Moody and then headed up to the castle.