Chapter Twenty-Two

I smiled at him and backed away.

"Hey, Harry," I said, waving before trying to walk past.

"Hey Leah, can we talk for a second?" He asked.

"Um, well I've really got to get to History of Magic class."

"It's okay, I'll walk you," He smiled and I managed to smile back.

"Great, so, uh about class today..." Harry started and I frowned.

"Were you trained in the Cruciatus curse?" he asked in a whisper.

"Listen Harry, my parents were on Voldemort's most wanted list. They wanted me prepared for anything if the death eaters came for us. I think that's a pretty valid reason," I said, glaring at him. 

"I'm sorry, I just...I have trust issues," he said, smiling at me. I could see Draco and Pansy trying to casually listen in. They were a little ahead of us. I laughed a little before turning to Weasley and Granger, who were hesitantly hanging behind.

"What are you guys afraid of me now?" I asked, with a frown.

"Of course not, we were confused, that's all" he assured me. I nodded and turned back around, angry that they became suspicious. I know they are.

"Listen, Leah, why don't you come to Hogsmead with us this weekend? It'll be fun to just hang out," Granger offered. I smiled tightly and nodded.

"Thanks, that sounds great," I lied, though they seemed to believe me.

"We can get some clothes or school supplies; whatever you want. I'm sure you need to get your mind off of things," she smiled. I laughed and glanced over at Draco who was trying not to smirk.

"Leah, are you wearing some sort of perfume? I keep smelling cinnamon around you," Weasley asked, coming up on my right.

"Oh, no, it's my relaxation potion. It's supposed to smell like something that relaxes you. It's a bonus to its relaxing...powers I guess you could say. Wearing it helps a lot, but the scent helps even more," I lied on the spot. Granger breathed what sounded like a sigh of relief. I looked at her and she smiled.

"That's why I smell new parchment and freshly cut grass," she smiled. I nodded and looked at Weasley who was subconsciously leaning closer.

"Uh, Ron, are you alright?" I asked, inching away.

"Sorry, Leah...hey, maybe we could go off on our own. During the Hogsmead trip I mean... maybe get some lunch?" he asked. 

"I'm sorry?" I asked, trying not to show my disgust. Pansy and Draco were laughing loudly in front of us and I scowled at their backs.

"Well, sort of like, a date," he stammered nervously. I frowned slightly before flashing him a smile.

"Sounds fun," I said, trying to sound convincing.

"Brilliant," he beamed before hugging me and running off. Potter and Granger laughed slightly before waving goodbye and heading to their own class.

"Look who's got a date with Weasley," Pansy laughed as I caught up to them. I glared at her before sighing and leaning into Draco.

"Kill me now," I groaned as he put his arm around me and opened the door to History of Magic. Pansy sized us up and nodded her approval, sitting with Blaise. Draco and I sat next to each other, whispering the whole time.

***

Saturday morning

I woke up and stretched before hearing a snicker in front of me.