Chapter Twenty-Five

I opened my mouth and closed it, not sure what to say. I glanced back at Draco who had an emotionless mask on.

"Weasel," he spat.

"Shut up, Ferret," I glared angrily. He narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Now why would I take orders from a filthy blood traitor?" he asked.

"You know what, I take back my thanks. I don't need your help. Ever!" I hissed angrily. 

"I'll gladly walk on by next time your hurt," he said coldly and then turned on his heel and stalked off.

"What was that about?" Weasley asked, walking over.

"I was hurt and he helped me, so I thanked him. I don't really know why I kissed him, but it's sort of a natural reaction for me. It's who I am; I'm really sorry," I sighed, and then walked into his embrace that he offered. 

"Don't apologize for being yourself. I forgive you," he smiled and so did I.

"Thanks, Ron!" I chirped and he laughed. Putting his arm around my shoulder, we started walking towards the Great Hall.

"Wait, I need shoes!" I said, remembering. Why didn't I think of using magic to summon them before?

"Accio shoes!" I said and my shoes flew towards me. I caught them and slipped them on.

"Alright, let's go!" I smiled. We walked down the stairs and I felt a slight pain in my ankle still, causing me to limp slightly.

"How'd you get hurt?" Weasley asked.

"Oh, I was running up the stairs and twisted my ankle. I ended up breaking it, and Malfoy helped me."

"It still sort of hurts, but I can walk, so I'm good!" I said.

"Well, I'm glad you're alright," he smiled. We entered the hall, and Pansy started walking up to me happily and then realized Weasley was with me. Her face fell and it turned into a scowl.

"Listen, Loveland, we're having a party in the common room, so feel obligated to hang out in the dorm room. You're not welcome," she sneered, eyeing Weasley's arm around me.

"I'll gladly keep out of your way," I said, venom dripping through my words. She sneered and stalked off, sitting on Draco's lap. I rolled my eyes and let Weasley lead me over to the Gryffindor table.

"Good evening," I smiled. Potter turned towards me and smiled widely.

"Hey Leah, we were wondering where you were," he said.

"She was off snogging Malfoy," Weasley said seriously. I gagged on my pumpkin juice and looked at him in shock. I thought he bought my lies.

"What?" Granger shrieked, dropping her fork. All eyes turned to me and I sat there shocked. Weasley looked at my face and burst out laughing.

"I'm kidding," he laughed. I slugged his arm and pouted.

"You're gonna make everyone hate me," I frowned.

"She seemed pretty guilty," Lavender said, her eyes narrowing.

"Technically she was, but not exactly in a bad way," Weasley said.

"Ronald, shut up," I said threateningly, but he knew I was teasing. Well, that's what he thought anyway.

"Is there a good kind of snogging when it comes to Malfoy?" Ginny asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Any type of snogging with Malfoy is good," I smirked while the girls burst out laughing.

"That's disgusting," Potter said, wrinkling his nose. I smiled and put my head on Weasley's shoulder, like I would with Draco.