Chapter Twenty-Eight

"What'd you guys do to her?"

"She should have woken up by now."

"Nah we only JUST gave her the other half."

"She'll be fine."

I heard a bunch of people talking and I squeezed my eyes shut tighter to block them out.

"See, she moved."

Ugh, shut up! Maybe I should open my eyes and see what happened. What did happen anyway? I opened my eyes and saw Fred holding me and I was tilted back as if he caught me.

"What did you do to me?" I asked angrily. Fred smiled and George laughed.

"We were trying our new candy, Fainting fudge and it works!" George announced. I scowled at them and Fred helped me steadily to my feet. I looked around and saw Weasley staring at me sorrowfully and I realized he was the first one I heard speak. I looked away and Ginny reached behind the couch.

"Here, want this?" she smirked, handing me a butterbeer.

"Yes please," I said. She tossed it to me and I opened it, taking a big sip.

"Are you encouraging her to get drunk?" Granger asked, raising her eyebrows.

"No, I only gave her one!" she defended but I saw her flash another bottle at me. I smirked and sat down next to her and then took another big swig of butterbeer. 

"Listen, Leah..." Weasley started but I turned away from him and chugged the rest of my butterbeer. When Granger wasn't looking, Ginny passed me another one.

"You're being stupid," I heard someone say, and I thought it was Weasley, but it turns out, it was Longbottom.

"Excuse me?" I asked, swallowing my mouthful of butterbeer.

"Are you really going to drink that and then go back to the Slytherin common room? Look what happened last time," he said, trying to look out for me. I shook my head and smiled.

"I'll be fine, dearest Neville," I smiled. Potter smirked at me and Ginny looked pleased.

"I'm the fun friend," she whispered and I giggled.

"How do you feel?" I asked her, and everyone nodded and Weasley looked confused.

"What do you mean?" he asked and I glared at him.

"I cursed her," I glared.

"You did what?" he yelled, standing up angrily.

"Ronald, sit down! We'll explain later!" Granger said heatedly. He hesitantly sat down and I turned back to Ginny.

"I feel fine," she smiled and I nodded.

"I better head back," I sighed, standing up.

"Are you sure?" Potter asked.

"Yeah, I'll see you guys later!" I called and I left the common room. I slowly made my way back downstairs and realized that tomorrow that the other schools were arriving. That should add some spice to the school year.

 I reached the dungeons and paused, feeling my mark itch, but it wasn't burning like when he was calling me. Instead of going into the common room, I went to the potions classroom to find Severus. I opened the door and found Severus searching his supplies furiously.

"Professor?" I asked, stepping in.

"Yes, Leah?" he asked, his back still to me.

"Well...what are you doing?" I asked, not being able to concentrate without knowing.