Chapter Forty-Eight

Leah POV

Pansy got to work on my make up first. She took off my eyeliner and lip gloss and then started putting on my foundation. I had half of it on when I heard a crash from downstairs. I shot up and ignored Pansy calling my name.

"Leah come back here!" she demanded, but I ran downstairs and poked my head around the corner so they couldn't see me half-dressed.

"What happened?" I asked and saw Draco laughing at Blaise, who was on the ground.

"Leah, what are you wearing?" Draco asked and I laughed.

"Not important," I said.

"Draco flipped my chair, that's all," Blaise said and I sighed.

"Leah let's go!" Pansy snapped, taking my arm and pulling me upstairs. She pushed me down into my chair and started on a less dramatic smokey eye. She applied mascara and then defined my eyebrows a little more with a black pencil. Afterward, she started non-magically doing my hair, trying to curl it and place it delicately on my head. That took forever because she kept messing up. Around seven o clock, she started rushing.

The curling iron was getting really close to my head, and she finally burnt me. I screamed in surprise and glared.

"PANSY!" I snapped and she put down the curling iron, showing that she was finished.

"I KNOW, I KNOW! NOW...DON'T MESS IT UP!" she yelled at me as I went to put my dress over my head. Pansy ran over and tried taking my dress away, but instead, she knocked me down, and the curling iron along with me. I started laughing and she scowled. Pansy unzipped the back of my dress and held it out so I could step into it. I shimmied it up myself and Pansy zipped up the back. I made sure the straps were placed properly off my shoulders and then slipped on black heels. Pansy got into her dress and did her makeup and hair magically. Why I couldn't have done that I'll never know. She slipped on her silver heels and strutted downstairs to tell Blaise we were ready. I paced nervously and looked in the mirror; I really did look different. Pansy walked back in and I walked out, going to get my clutch from the common room. As I passed the boy's dorm, the door swung open and Blaise looked at me.

"Oh, hi Leah!" he smiled, and then his eyes widened.

"Wow, you look...amazing," he said, slightly breathless.

"Thanks don't let anybody see me!" I said.

"Dude, come on," Blaise sighed disapprovingly at someone. Blaise took off his actual dress robe and threw it to me and I realized someone must be coming. Draco reached the door as I pulled it over my dress; it barely covered it. I faced the other way and scowled, even though nobody could see me.

"Leah," Draco said, and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Fuck off!" I snapped and he laughed.

"Come on, I can't see anything," he laughed.

"Leave her alone," Blaise laughed, and Draco turned towards the dorm for a second. In that second, I threw the robe back to Blaise and ran up the stairs.

"Hey, what just happened? You look angry," Pansy noticed.

"Draco almost saw my dress," I huffed and fixed my hair. Pansy laughed at me and stuck her head out the door.

"Okay, they just left, let's go get the mudblood," Pansy sighed and I smiled a little.

"Sorry, Pans," I said. She frowned and then we walked out of the common room.

"Okay, are we meeting her at the dorms?" Pansy asked and I shrugged.

"I'm right here," Granger said, stepping out of the dungeon shadows.