Chapter Thirty-Eight

I stepped out of the tent and looked around. I could practically hear Moody saying CONSTANT VIGILANCE. I scanned the rocky slopes and just barely saw something move before rolling down the slope. I was almost smashed by the Vipertooth's spiky tail. I scrambled to my feet and pulled out my wand. The Vipertooth spun around and opened its huge mouth so I could see its long venom filled teeth. That was the least of my problems at the time. The crowd gasped in fear as the dragon blew fire at me, but I ducked behind a rock.

"Aquamenti!" I shouted and blocked the fire with a stream of water. The dragon roared and stomped over, looking around for me.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I said, and the dragon froze up slightly. Their scales are really armored, but since my wand found its core provider, it's stronger. The Vipertooth stumbled forward, not being able to move much, and fell. Some people screamed, and others cheered, while some gasped because as it fell, one of its poisonous teeth sliced open my shirt and gave me a deep cut down my left arm. I hissed in pain and made a run towards the egg. I heard the dragon struggling to get up and I pushed myself even harder. I saw the egg and fell into it, holding it above my head. The dragon, however, was not giving up. The crowd screamed as it ran over to me, almost crushing me. I pushed up off the ground and slid down a steep rock. The Vipertooth breathed fire in a circle around me and I started feeling dizzy from the pain in my arm. I heard the dragon tamers, or whatever, stunning the dragon, and I feebly reached for my wand. I sent a silent water spell around me to put out the fire. Once the fire was gone, Charlie Weasley ran over and pulled me up so everyone could see me. I heard very loud applause erupt from the stands and I smiled, holding my egg. Granger and Draco ran over, along with Potter and the other champions.

"Leah that was brilliant!" she screamed, hugging me.

"I never knew you could take down a dragon that way!" Fleur exclaimed.

"Leah!" Draco called and I took in a ragged breath.

"Huh?" I asked, putting a hand to my head.

"Take this, now! Come on eat it, please!" he pleaded desperately. I held out my hand and felt him place something in it. I popped it in my mouth and swallowed, gagging the whole time. My vision cleared and I coughed roughly.

"That was disgusting," I frowned and Draco smiled at me.

"I just saved your life," he smirked. I realized what he gave me; a bezoar. 

"How'd you get that?" I asked incredulously.

"Professor Moody said you might need it," he smiled.

"Leah, you were amazing!" Potter butt in, glaring at Draco.

"Thanks, I wish I had seen you!" I sighed.

"You finished faster than I did!" he laughed.

"Are you alright?" Viktor asked.

"Yes I'm fine!" I smiled.

"Leah!" someone called over all the cheering and rapid talking. I looked over and saw Weasley running over. He enveloped me in a hug and spun me around.

"Oh my gosh, I was so worried!" he said breathlessly. I smiled and was about to reply, but his lips were on mine. He gently pulled away and I forced a smile.

"Yeah!" the twins cheered and I blushed.

"Oh shut up!" I snapped.

"Leah, you were pretty decent for a blood traitor," Clarissa sneered, and I saw the stands emptying so they could come out and congratulate us all.

"Thanks, Moon," I said sarcastically.

"Leah love!" Pansy screamed and she jumped on me.

"You were amazing! That's my girl!" she shrieked and I laughed.