Chapter Thirty-Two

Potter stared at me in shock and I put my hand to my mouth in false horror. Neither of us moved and I moved my eyes over to Draco who was watching me with wide eyes. He looked scared for me.

"I didn't put my name in that cup," Potter whispered to the others and I nodded in agreement.

"I didn't either," I said shakily.

"Well, Harry, Leah up here if you please!" Dumbledore called, but Potter didn't move. I sighed and grabbed his hand pulling him to his feet. I nervously drug him up to Dumbledore and I gazed at the other students. They looked shocked, and then I threw a glance at Moody who had on a straight face.

"Well...through the door you two," Dumbledore said, and he was not smiling. I took Potter through the door and he was still frozen in shock. I made my face emotionless and I saw the other three standing by the fire. They looked at us in confusion. Fleur moved first and smiled at me, giving me a small wave.

"What is it? Do zey want us back in ze Hall?" she asked, looking at us in confusion. I let go of Potter's hand and just shook my head.

"Leah, vat is wrong?" Viktor asked, coming over to me. Just then the doors burst open and the man in charge of this tournament, Ludo Bagman, ran over, putting his hands on our shoulders.

"This is extraordinary! May I introduce the fourth and fifth Triwizard champions?" he exclaimed. Viktor looked at me worried and then sent Potter a dark look. Fleur glanced at us and then smiled.

"Very funny joke, Meester Bagman," she laughed.

"Joke? No, their names were just pulled from the Goblet of Fire!" he said stunned. Fleur frowned and Viktor rested a hand on my shoulder. Cedric looked a little confused.

"But evidently zair 'as been a mistake. Zey cannot compete, zey are too young!" she protested. The door opened again and the professors stormed in.

"Madame Maxime, zey are saying zat zeese fourth years are to compete also!" Fleur said, striding over to her headmaster.

"What iz ze meaning of zis Professor Dumbly-dorr?" she asked.

"I'd like to know that myself! Three Hogwarts champions? I don't remember anyone telling me the host school is allowed three champions!" Karkaroff said angrily.

"C'est impossible, 'Ogwarts cannot 'ave three champions! It is most unjust!" Madame Maxime frowned.

"It is no ones fault but theirs. They have been crossing the line since they got here," Severus sneered.

"Thank you Severus," Dumbledore said, raising his hand.

"Did you put your name into the Goblet, Harry?" he asked, and Potter shook his head furiously.

"Leah?" he asked me.

"No professor," I said, making eye contact. Severus shook his head in disbelief and I glared at him. Moody came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Did either of you ask one of the older students to do it for you?" he asked angrily.

"For Wizard God's sake no!" I hissed angrily and he tightened his grip on my shoulder. Potter agreed with me and Madame Maxime spoke up.

"But of course zey are lying!" she cried.

"They could not have crossed the Age Line," Moody snapped.

"Dumbly-dorr must 'ave made a mistake wiz ze line!" she shrugged.

"It is possible," Dumbledore said politely and I snorted. Dumbledore sent me a warning look and I angrily clamped my lips together.