Chapter Thirty-One

Draco is such an idiot. Okay, well not really, but he tried getting Crabbe to put his name in the Goblet of Fire, and poor Crabbe was electrocuted by the age line...so needless to say, he's in the Hospital Wing with the Weasley twins. The Goblet was going to spit out the names tonight, and I knew I had to be by Potter. This means I have to accept his apology.

"Leah, are you alright?" asked a nervous voice. I looked around and saw Neville looking at me cautiously.

"Oh, yes Neville I'm fine. Listen you're not mad at me, are you?" I asked putting on my sweet façade one again.

"Of course not, but I don't think it's a wise choice either," he admitted.

"Hm, it seems that's what everyone thinks. Does everybody hate me?" I asked.

"Well, no not really. Seamus has come around and Dean never was. The twins are having a laugh about it, but other than that people are still pretty mad. Sorry," He frowned.

"It's okay...what about Harry? He wanted my forgiveness, but when I turned him down..." I trailed off.

"Harry's been a little distracted, but we think it's because he feels bad about what he said. None of us like Malfoy, but we all like you...others are just a little slow on the forgiveness. Give them time," he said, smiling at me. I looked around the library and realized it was pretty empty.

"Hey, I'm sure not everyone hates me," a cool, familiar voice said. Neville paled and I sighed.

"Hey, I'm sure they do," I winked. Draco smiled and walked over to where I was sitting and Neville went to stand up.

"No, don't leave Neville," I pleaded. He hesitated and sat down, not looking at Draco.

"Longbottom," Draco acknowledged and Neville swallowed hard.

"Neville don't let him scare you, he's just a big bully," I soothed while teasing Draco. Neville smiled a little and stuck his nose into a Herbology book.

"I've been looking for you," Draco said.

"Oh?" I asked faintly.

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

"I want to accept Harry's apology," I sighed and Neville looked up at me.

"Really?" Neville asked with a smile.

"Yeah, he was just looking out for me. I suppose I could've handled the situation differently," I said.

"That's great!" Neville smiled and then picked up another book.

"Well, I'd rather you didn't, but do what you think is right," Draco sighed and Neville looked surprised. I was surprised too; Draco is a pretty good actor. 

"Thanks," I smiled and he kissed my forehead.

"Well, I've got a potions essay due, I'll see you later," he said and then walked off. I smiled at him and then sighed.

"Do you know where Harry is?" I asked Neville.

"I think he's down by the Quidditch pitch," he said, looking up from his book.

"Thanks," I smiled and sauntered down to the Quidditch Pitch. I looked around and didn't see anybody.

"Watch out!" I heard someone yell, but it was too late because I got hit in the head with something.

"Ouch," I muttered and then turned around to see Potter flying towards me. He jumped off his broom and ran over.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked.