Chapter Fifty-Eight

We landed on the ground with a thud, and I looked up to see we were in a graveyard. I instantly pulled out my acting tricks and gasped.

"Merlin, is this part of the task?" I said breathlessly. I looked at a large grim reaper statue and saw the name Tom Riddle on the headstone.

"I don't think so," Potter shook his head, gulping loudly. I looked at the gravestone and sighed shakily.

"Harry," I whispered, and he looked at the grave with a pale face. As he was looking at it, my father's voice says,

"Kill the spare!"

I flicked my hand towards Cedric so he flew back and green light surrounded us. Potter looked over quickly just as I put my hands to my mouth in false horror. I let out a strangled cry, but was very pleased I pulled that off.

Wormtail emerged from behind two tall graves, carrying my father. You couldn't tell it was him since he was wrapped up, but I knew. I whimpered and Potter inched closer to me. Wormtail forced Potter to his knees and bound him there magically, but I only pretended I was.

I let a tear slide down my cheek and I watched in amazement as Wormtail put my father into a giant cauldron. The steam rose quickly and Wormtail took out my father's wand.

"Bone of a relative, taken unwillingly," he said, making a bone rise from his father's grave, which happened to be what Potter was next to. I watched as Wormtail had the statue capture Potter, leaving me on the ground. The bone plopped into the cauldron and I held my breath.

"Flesh of a servant, willing given," he whimpered, and then I gasped as he cut off his own hand, making it fall into the cauldron. 

"Blood of the enemy, forcibly taken," he continued after he screamed in pain, taking Potter's wrist and making a large cut, which earned a scream from Potter.

Wormtail flicked the blood into the mixture and turned to me. I looked up at Wormtail and he seemed frightened.

"Blood of a relative!" he said loudly, and Potter gasped as I let out a surprised cry.

"What?" I sobbed, seemingly in denial. He took my hand and made a deep slice in my palm, and it barely hurt, but I cried out. Finally, Wormtail put my blood in, and steam rose, as did my fathers pale little body, making it grow in size. Soon it was a full grown body and black tendrils wrapped around him, turning into a cloak.

I was crying out of joy, but Potter thought I was scared. He started screaming, probably because of his scar and I sobbed.

"I don't wanna die," I sobbed and Potter clenched his teeth.

"I won't let you die," he promised fiercely.

"You hate me," I sobbed, and I saw my father's full figure in front of me; I cried harder.

"My dear," he said, and I knew by the look he gave me, that I could drop the charade. I stood up and stared at him for a while, letting the tears stop and I smiled.

He enveloped me in a hug and smiled.

"Ah, my daughter," he said, and this hug was much different. He was trying to be careful not to harm my 'frail' figure. I clung to him tightly before respectfully stepping back.

"Daughter?" Potter roared.

"Potter, may I introduce you properly? This is Leah Riddle," father said, and then walked over to Wormtail.

"Leah, you have a choice, please don't side with them! Forget our differences, please!" he begged, but I was watching as father called the death eaters. Before I knew it, we were surrounded by cloaked figures.