Chapter Ten

"Sh, be quiet," Clarissa giggled, pulling me down the hall.

"Clarissa...where the fuck are we going," I scowled.

"To the kitchen, duh."

"Can you please use a lumos before we smack into a suit of armor or something?"

"Just trust me, Loveland."

"Why would I do that? Who even let you come with me for a food run?" I wrinkled my nose at her.

"Hush!" she scolded. Finally, we reached the kitchen and she tickled the pear in the portrait, causing it to swing open and allow us inside. We went down the few steps that lead into the kitchen and looked around.

"Elves! Rise and shine! We need snacks," Clarissa called and several elves appeared, looking at us nervously.

"Whatever snacks you can find," she waved a dismissive hand. They got to work gathering food for us and I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed, watching Clarissa.

"Why'd you come?" I asked her.

"I figured we could be friends," she smiled at me and I laughed coldly.

"Bullshit. You wouldn't want to be friends with Pansy's best friend unless you had an alterior motive."

"Oh, don't be ridiculous," she laughed and took the tray of snacks from the elf nearest her.

"Perfect. Let's go," she waved me on. We left the kitchen and started to head back to Slytherin when she stopped me.

"Oh my god, I just remembered. I have some vodka stored in the prefects bathroom upstairs. Could you go get it for me?" she pleaded.

"Fucking no. Get it yourself."

"Please! There's two bottles. I'll let you keep one all for yourself."

"I'm not running your errands for you."

"I'll leave Pansy alone for an entire month," she swore.

"I doubt that."

"Two months. No, until Christmas."

"And if you break your promise?"

"You can hex me into next year."

As if she's going to be a relevant Slytherin as of tomorrow.

"Fine," I rolled my eyes and turned around, heading towards the stairs. I got up two flights before I felt a strong force slam into me, sending me tumbling down the stairs. My entire body hurt and I groaned, lying at the bottom of the stairwell. My head was bleeding, that's for sure. My wand arm hurts like hell, meaning it's probably out of it's fucking socket. I gently pulled myself up into a sitting position and looked around but didn't see anyone or anything in the darkness. I cradled my arm and attempted to stand up but went down like a sack of bricks when I felt a sharp pain shoot up my leg, starting at my ankle.

"Fuck," I hissed, hitting the floor hard. Tears pricked the corner of my eyes.

"Where'd my wand go," I felt my pockets but didn't feel it.

"Lumos."

There was nothing. Not a single light that I could see.

"Accio wand," I whispered, but nothing happened.

"Accio wand!" I grit my teeth, but still it did not appear.

"What the hell?"

I sat there for a few moments, mentally bracing myself for the pain in my ankle, but again when I went to stand I crumbled back down to the ground. This time I landed on my knee, a loud crack echoing around me as the bone collided with the stone floor.