Chapter Twelve

My head snapped up and I wasn't aware of my actions, but I knew I was racing down the stairs. I twisted my ankle trying to run in heels, but I didn't feel anything at the time. I had too much adrenaline in me. I heard voices and muffled squeals as I reached the second floor, and pushed myself to keep going. As I got to the first floor, around the corner I saw flashes of green light and quiet laughter. Oh god, what did Claire do?

"Claire, what are you up to?" I hollered as I came around the corner. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw who was in my living room. I felt the pain in my ankle, and slowly grabbed my wand from my boot. 

"Put the wand away, silly girl," said a man with greasy black hair and a hooked nose. His voice was bored and set in monotone. I narrowed my eyes at him, but did as I was told. Claire was bound by magic and had a gag in her mouth. Her innocent eyes were wide and hopeful that I'd help her. She was being restrained by a man with long, messy brown hair and pretty sharp teeth. He looked pretty non magical. He didn't have a wand from what I could tell. Another man was with them, too. He was short and very...plump. His stringy grey/ blonde hair was frazzled and receding. He had sharp nails and had his face contorted so he looked like a rat.

"Wormtail, make sure the girl doesn't do anything stupid," said the man with the greasy black hair. The rat looking one basically scurried over and grabbed my wrists from behind.

"Get off me, you filthy half breed!" I screamed at him. He looked at me in confusion.

"He is no half breed, dear," said the man with the black hair.

"Are you kidding, he's practically half rat!" I spat. The filth holding me chuckled nervously.

"I'm an animagus, and I've been hiding as a rat for the past twelve years. Old habits die hard."

"I still don't want you touching me!" I yelled angrily. I spun around and managed to get one hand out of his grasp, punching him in the face. He stumbled back and stared in fear.

"Blimey, that felt good," I sighed. The black haired man started towards me but I held out my hand.

"Don't come near me," I hissed. He stopped and pulled his sleeve down... but not before I saw his left wrist.

"Your death eaters!" I exclaimed. They smirked and nodded.

"Make yourselves at home," I said with a new found comfort. These are the people I've wanted to meet for years. The man holding Claire didn't move while the others sat down.

"Claire, if he lets you go, will you behave?" I asked with a sigh. She nodded quickly and I held my hand out.

"Your wand, Claire," I said. When she didn't move I became frustrated.

"Accio wand!" I snapped and her wand came from her pocket and into my hand. The man let her go and she scampered to my side. I smiled and walked over to the couch.

"What brings you here?" I asked, suspicious.

"You, my dear," Wormtail said with a sickening smile. The man with the black hair nodded and turned his coal colored eyes on me.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"I am Severus Snape," he replied smoothly.

"My parents told me about you," I nodded. I gazed at the man who had been holding Claire and raised my eye brows.

"I'm Fenrir Greyback, my lady," he smiled hungrily. He's the werewolf everybody's afraid of. I grabbed Claire as she fainted. She's such a baby.

"Claire, you twit!" I shouted angrily at her unconscious body... although I do hope she's alright. Fenrir laughed at my outburst as I scowled. 

"Where are my parents?" I asked.

"I was hoping you'd ask that," said a new voice. I turned slightly and saw a man walk through the kitchen and into the living room. He was dragging my unconscious parents.

"And who are you?" I asked exasperatedly. His tongue snaked out as he licked his lips and his tousled brown hair got in his face.

"Barty Crouch Jr., love," he said. My eyes widened and he laughed.

"You were in Azkaban!" I accused. My gaze went back to my parents... they were dead. That's what the flashes of green light were. I remembered their weird behavior and frowned. They knew this was coming.

"What do you want? And do not say me," I said in a dangerous voice.

"We wish for you to join us, and for you to meet someone very important," Severus said. I nodded and he held out his arm.

"We are going to apparate. Leave your sister here, we will be back," he explained. I grabbed his arm as the people around us apparated and suddenly, I was apparated too. We came to an old filthy manor that must have been occupied by muggles; there was that TV thingy in the living room. It was definitely broken, but still there. I was led upstairs where I heard Barty's voice, talking to an unknown figure. Severus shoved me up the stairs and motioned for me to go on. A huge snake slithered past me, and I jumped in surprise before standing in the doorway where Barty and the other man was, if you could call him that.

"My Lord, Leah Loveland is here," he said with a wide smile before turning to reveal the one person I was only slightly afraid of. Lord Voldemort.