Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I crossed my arms over my chest as Xander opened the passenger door for me. "Dest, come on." He said extending his arm.

"No, not while Janet's there."

"Angel, she can't tell you to get out."

"No, but she can tell me I can't see you ever again."

"No she can't."

"Xan, she's still my mom. Of course she can."

"Angel, please...Jackson misses you, I miss you, Isla misses you and I'm pretty sure my dad misses you too." I looked up at him.

"I'm not sure about your mom though." he said with a hint of laughter in his voice. I smiled up at him and held my hand out. "Will you protect me?" I asked him as we stood outside of the door. He smiled down at me, "I promise." His lips pressed against mine for a brief second. He opened the door and I looped my fingers with his.

"Your daddies home, Jackson." I heard my mom say from the kitchen. I heard a small voice yell, "DADDY!!" A heartwarming smile grew to my face as I saw Jackson wrap his small, short arms around his father. "Look who's here." Xander said to him smiling and lifting him off the ground.

"Destiny!!" I smiled and took Jackson in my arms. "Hey Jackson, I missed you." I kissed his head and smiled at him.

"What have you bought her home for?" I looked up at that voice that I know ever so well. My mom crossed her arms over her chest and looked at Xander, waiting for an answer. "She's my girlfriend and if I wanna bring her home then I can."

"Xander, I told you that I don't want you dating my daughter."

"Oh, so I'm your daughter now?" I asked her placing Jackson on the floor and holding his hand.

"Angel, just leave it. She can't tell me what to do. Come on, take Jackson upstairs I'll be with you in a second." Xander said standing in front of me. I looked over his shoulder at my mom who wasn't happy with what Xander had just said. I sighed and kissed the lips I missed so much. I looked down at Jackson and smiled. "Shall we go and watch Lion King in your daddies room?" Jackson smiled and nodded eagerly. I smiled and led him up the stairs making sure he didn't fall.

***

"Destiny?" I looked down at Jackson.

"Yeah, jack?"

"Do you love daddy?"

"Of course I do, I love you and daddy."

"I love you too." He said, I smiled, leaned down and pecked his nose.

"Can we go to the zoo tomorrow?"

"Maybe, we'll have to ask daddy...What's your favourite animal?"

"I like giraffes...Daddy bought me a giraffe teddy before, but mommy through it away."

"Why did she do that?" I asked him as I ran my hand through his hair.

"She said I was too old, then daddy yelled at her."

"Your daddy would do anything for you, you know why?" He shook his head and looked up at me.

"Because he loves you." I told him, he looked down then placed his head besides a sleeping Xander.

"I love daddy too." he said. I smiled and laid down beside Jackson.

"Goodnight Jackson." I whispered.

"Goodnight Destiny." I kissed his head softly and closed my eyes.