Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Destiny go and change" my mum told me as soon as she saw me. "Why?" I asked her, a little annoyed. "'Cos you can't wear those for dinner" she started rushing around the house. "Oh and some of your things have already been taken to the house. Your drum kit and guitars as well" she said I nodded and went up to my room. I saw a pair of denim shorts, and a black tank top laying on my bed. I sighed and started to change. I stuffed my clothes I took off in one of my suitcases and pulled my hair up into a high ponytail. I put my converses back on and walked downstairs with the remaining suitcases.

I helped my mum put them in the car and we both climbed inside after she had locked the door. She started driving and I couldn't help but feel nervous.

I stared in awe at the massive house that stood tall and proud right in front of me. The big metal gates shut and I glanced back at them. The driveway was long and had 5 cars, 6 with my mums, parked neatly. My mum knocked on the black wooden door and my stomach flipped as it opened. "Hello Ms. Do come in?" a old man in a smart suit said. "May I take your coat?" he said holding his arms out. "Why yes. Thank you Edmund" my mum said handing him her coat. He hung it up on the coat hanger. "This way" he said he put his hands behind his back and started walking. I just stared in awe. There were two split staircases that joined at the top and showed a corridor.

"Destiny" my mum whisper yelled. I quickly jogged up to her and we entered a room that had a big, shiny oak table in the middle of the room with chairs all around it. There were two doors one led to the kitchen and the other led to my mums and my new stepdads bedroom. I looked up and saw the very person I didn't expect to see. He was wearing a white shirt that had blue sleeves and a pair of dark washed jeans with a pair of black high tops. His blonde hair was messy as always and hung in front of his left eye like always.

"Destiny this is my fiancé Jack, his daughter Isla and his son Xander. And this is Destiny, my daughter" my mum said smiling. Jack smiled and slipped his arm around her waist.

My brain couldn't function properly and I couldn't breath. The boy of my dreams is my stepbrother? How the hell did that happened? Why? Is god punishing me for talking to my brother? My heart started pounding in my chest making it even harder to breath. The love of my life was my new stepbrother. How in god's name am I gonna cope?

"Hi Destiny. I love your name" Isla said. "Thanks. I love your name too" I squeaked out. Xander just stood there awkwardly. We all sat down at the table. I was sat opposite my mum who was sat next to Xander. Isla was next to me and opposite her brother while Jack was at the head of the table, between me and my mum. Jack and Isla had the same golden blonde hair as Xander and they both had green eyes meaning Xander must have the same eye colour as his mum who I heard died from breast cancer 3 years ago when Xander was 14.

"So Destiny your mum told me you have a passion for music" Jack said starting up a conversation. "Yeah her guitars and drums prove it" Isla said smiling. I stared down at my food and started eating while my mum and the others talked. "How is your football training going Xander?" my mum asked. "Really good. I can't wait until the game the night we go back to school. It seems a little stupid to have a game then" he said in his deep, soft, sweet voice.

Just as I finshed my food my phone rang making everyone look at me. I blushed and quickly stopped the call. I stared at the name. Connor. I glanced up at my mum. "Can I go to the bathroom please?" I asked looking up. "Sure there's one just in the next room" Jack said. I nodded and quickly got up and speed walked out of the room. I glanced at them before I left.

I closed the door and pressed my back against it and called him back. "Why didn't you answer?" he asked me as soon he picked up. "I'm sorry I was having dinner with him, his kids and mum" I told him. "I miss you" he whispered.

"I miss you too" I told him.

"When's the wedding?"

"I think it's in a couple of days. I don't like it Connor I think they're taking it all too fast but mum says she loves him and I can tell he's crazy about her. I just don't know why they can't wait a couple of months" I told him. "She got over dad quickly what do you expect?"

I sighed. "Where is it?" he asked.

"Where's what?"

"The wedding duh"

"I dunno. I'll call you when I find out. You're not gonna come are you?"

"I'm thinking about it"

"Connor you can't. She'll kill you then kill me" I heard him take a deep breath.

"I have to go. I love you" he said.

"I love you too" I mumbled. He sighed before hanging up. I opened the door and saw Isla sitting on the couch. "Thank go I need a pee" she squealed before running in the room. I shook my head and went to find my mum. I found her in the lounge with Jack. "Hey can i go to my room?" I asked them. "Yeah, just look for a door with your name on. I let Isla put all your things away I hope thats ok?" Jack asked biting his lower lip. "It's fine thank you" I said he smiled and nodded. I ran up the stairs and started humming.

I walked into the room and closed the door behind me. My guitars were next to my drum kit up against one of the walls. One of the walls was a window with a glass door in the middle. I slid the glass door to the side and stepped out onto the balcony. The cool wind blew by making me shiver. I heard a knock at the front door then some talking. "XANDER" Jack yelled I heard a door open and feet running downstairs. "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING HIM ON HOLIDAY" Xander's voice boomed. "WELL I CHANGED MY MIND OK" a girls voice yelled.

My door opened and I ignored it until someone tugged on my shirt. I jumped and looked down to see a cute little blonde haired blue eyed baby. I gasped and picked him up. "Who you?" he asked in the cutest baby voice. "I'm Destiny who are you?" I asked him walking back into my room. "My name Jackson" he said. "JACKSON? NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID" you could hear anger in Xander's voice. I walked out of my room and stared at Xander. "Here he is" I said.

He jumped and just stared at me. A girl came rushing out of Xander's room which was opposite mine. She glared at me and forcefully took Jackson off me. She had brown eyes and brown hair and a small nose. "Why did you take my baby?" she snarled at me. I raised an eyebrow at her. "For your information he walked in my room 'cos of you both screaming" I said glancing at Xander who took Jackson in his arms. "You can go now" he told the girl. "Xander I haven't finished talking to you" she said. I closed my door and walked downstairs. I walked into the kitchen and saw Isla. I got a can of coke out of the fridge and started drinking it.

"So Destiny how old are you?" she asked. "16. How old are you?" i asked. "13" I nodded. "Can I ask you something?" she nodded and I took a deep breath. "Is Jackson Xander's son?" she looked down then back up at me. "He was in a bad state when mum died and he ended up getting Jennifer pregnant when they were 14" she said I nodded and stared at the wall.

I can't believe what I had heard. Xander didn't seem like the type to get a girl pregnant. He's so sweet and caring. Sure he's had a couple of girlfriends but he's not really a player.