Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Destiny?" Xander pulled away from my embrace and looked down into my eyes deeply. His soft, sky blue eyes held so many emotions. Lost, hurt, love, happiness, anger, hope, joy. "Yeah Xan?" I asked softly it came out like a whisper.

"Remember when I kissed you?" heat rose to my cheeks as my most favourite memory ever replayed in my mind. I nodded and he sighed a deep sigh. "I need to...sorta explain why I did it" I gave him a confused look. He just took my hand and gently pulled me into his room. He shut the door while I made myself comfortable on his bed. He sat in front of me and stared at my face briefly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to kiss you. I got distracted and I ended up thinking about Tiffany. I like you, but only as my stepsister. I shouldn't of kissed you, I'll never make that mistake ever again"

I stared at him, trying not to cry that very minute. I stood up and he watched me. "Don't hate me" he whispered. I put on a fake smile and tried not to let my tears, that were rimming my eyes, fall down my cheeks. "Xander I could never hate you. I know it was a mistake" I turned and walked out. When I got into my room I shut and locked the door, plugged my earphones in, played Fix You by Coldplay and cried myself to sleep. How can he say it was a mistake? How could he say he was thinking of that bitch...Tiffany?

My heart had broken into a million pieces. I've only felt this much heart break before and that was when my father died. I guess 6 years crushing and being head over heels with a football player was a bit cliché and stupid of me huh?

Everyone knows footballers only break your heart. Of course, no hot football player would ever date someone so...un-slut like. Xander was just another typical and stereotypical teenage football player who only dates cheerleaders because they're major whores...Doesn't Xander know how much i love him?

*The next morning*

When I woke up the light was shining through the open curtains, my alarm clock was beeping wildly and annoyingly, my music was still blaring into my ear and I felt like death. I turned my alarm off, turned my music off, put my phone on charge and did my morning routine.

It was basically like everyone's normal routine. Brush teeth, shower, get dressed, comb hair. I was wearing a black denim shorts, a white tank top that had a black skull in the middle and a denim waistcoat. I tied my hair up into a high ponytail and looked at myself in the mirror before walking downstairs. My eyes were a little red but it was unnoticeable. When I walked into the kitchen Isla was sat with Jackson and Jennifer. "What are you doing here so early?" I asked her, glaring slightly. I still didn't like her.

"She stayed over last night, she wanted to make sure Xander was ok" my mom answered me as she walked in the kitchen and poured herself a cup of black coffee. "I'm going to school" I mumbled. I picked my backpack back up and ruffled Jackson's hair as i went past him. He giggled, it was so cute. It left a scar on my heart knowing that every time I look at Jackson all i ever see is Xander.

His sky blue eyes and dirty, tousled hair were the same. They had the same nose and same ears, but off course Jackson's were smaller versions. I shook that off and travelled to the place I really didn't want to go to, knowing quiet well that I'll see Xander again.