Chapter 29

Chapter 29

It was a Friday and everyone was talking about the upcoming game that was happening later that night. I haven't spoken to Lynn or Kellin since the day Lynn yelled at me. They were my best friends and I missed them...However I missed Xander and Jackson more then anything. Do you know how hard it is to see the love of your life trying to move on from you?

I looked around through the crowds of students that lingered in the hallway. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the time. I had five minutes before I had to get to my lesson. I was looking for Kellin so I could wish him good luck for the game. I pondered on the though of actually going and watching the game but I decided against it.

I walked ever to Kellin when I saw him with Nash and the other guys from the football team. He stopped talking and looked down at me, "Hey D."

"Hey, I just wanted to wish you good luck at the game tonight." He looked at the rest of the boys.

"You're not going?" He asked me. I shook my head.

"But you're our good luck charm, Xander can't play without you being there. He gets all upset and his mind wonders to you."

"I can't really face Xander right now." I mumbled.

"Please come to the game Dest, we need you." I stared at Nash. I looked at all the other boys who were looking at me with pleading eyes.

"We're playing against the Titans we need all the luck we can get. Please Destiny?" Benji pleaded. I couldn't stand their gaze anymore.

"Maybe, I can make it for a couple of hours." I mumbled, they all smiled at me and Kellin and Nash hugged me.

"Thank you." I smiled at Kellin briefly before I heard a voice that I know and love say, "Hey guys, sorry I'm late Tiffany was being-" he cut short and I felt his eyes burning into me and right into my soul.

"I'll see you tonight,.good luck...again." I said to Kellin before I walked off.

***

(Xander's POV)

"What does she mean see you tonight?" I asked Kellin, narrowing my eyes at him a little.

"She's coming to the game, which means you don't have an excuse not to play well. Which also gives you a chance to ask her out again."

"I thought you don't want me to date her?" I asked him.

"I don't, but she loves you Xander and she knows letting you go was a mistake. Maybe she was just scared when her mom found out about the two of you and she went into panic mode. Maybe she was upset and angry that you didn't try harder to keep her." He shook his head and walked away running his hands through his hair. I looked at my friends but they all avoided my gaze, telling me that they agreed with Kellin.

***

(Destiny's POV)

I sat on my bed while on playing temple run on my phone. "Hey Kellin." I said when my phone rang.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm at home." His end was silent for a while.

"I have to go, the games about to start. Come please, show Xander that you still care for him." He hung up and I thought about it before getting up and scribbling a quick note for my brother and his lover. I quickly slipped on my converses and ran to the door.

***

"Touchdown!" The announcer said loud and clear. I watched as the other team cheered, my eyes wondered the field for the love of my life. I looked over at the bleachers and saw Lynn looking aggravated.

As soon as the game stopped for half time I ran over to my schools team. "Destiny?" Kellin took his helmet off, everyone on the team looked at me.

"Destiny, go and sit on the bleachers please." The coach said.

"I really need to speak with Xander."

"Not now." Coach said, from the corner of my eye I saw Xander take his helmet off.

"It's really important...please." I begged him with my eyes. He sighed and nodded.

"2 minutes." I grabbed Xander's hand and dragged him from the rest of the team.

"What is Dest? We're losing the game, I can't-" I cut him off before he could say anything else.

"Xander, just listen. I...I'm in love with you...and maybe I said we should cool off but...I don't know if I can be away from you any longer." A look of confusion spread across his defined features.

"What are you saying?" I opened my mouth to speak but the words just wouldn't come out. I leaned up and left my lips an inch away from his. I closed my eyes and leaned into him as we kissed I heard the coach yell, "Williams get over here. Jones times up." I pulled away from him and looked over at the oldish man. I looked back at Xander, "Go out there and win." I said smiling up at him.

"God, I love you." he said smiling.

"I love you too, now go....Good luck." I quickly kissed his lips and patted his chest. I sighed happily as I watched him run over to his team mates.

***

I ran over to Xander, "You won!" I screamed. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up. "Thanks to you." he said putting me back down. I stared deep into his eyes, at the moment it felt like we were the only two people in the world that mattered.

"Xander." An annoying voice exclaimed. We both turned our heads and saw Tiffany, she flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder and smiled at my baby.

"Hi, Tiffany." He said wrapping his arm around my waist. Tiffany looked over at me and frowned. "Destiny, what are you doing here?" she asked faking a smile.

"I came to wish my BOYFRIEND good luck."

"Last I heard, you guys aren't dating anymore."

"It's called a break, maybe you've heard off it?" I sassed. Xander coughed awkwardly from beside me.

"Girls, I'm gonna have a shower." Tiffany instantly looked at him.

"I'll talk to you later?" she asked him.

"Actually, I'm gonna head home...but i'll talk to you tomorrow." Before I could say a word to Tiffany, Xander pulled me away.

"Wait for me here K?" I nodded and he leant down and kissed my lips.