Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(Xander's POV)

"Honey, she's not mad at you" my dad said walking into the lounge and sitting down next to Janet, Destiny's mum. "Then why did she yell at me?" she asked in a small voice. No one except Kellin and Lynn really knew about Destiny. She was so mysterious and secluded. She liked to keep herself to herself. She hardly ever talked to anyone even her mum.

"She's scared because there's this performance at school and she has to perform a song in front of her whole grade in 3 days" he said. Janet sighed and said "She use to be so outgoing"

"What happened? Why she keep herself to herself all of the time?" Isla asked sitting Indian style on the couch next to me. "Her father" was all Janet said before getting up and putting a DVD into the DVD player.

We all watched as a man with black shaggy hair and grey eyes came on to the screen. "Today I will be seeing my beautiful daughter perform in front of everyone since I finally managed to help her with her stage fright" the camera turned to a 12 year old boy. He had brown hair and brown eyes and looked like Destiny's father. "Who's that?" Isla asked, Janet shifted in her seat.

"Exited to see your sister perform son?" That must be her brother. I didn't know she even had one. What happened to him? "Yeah I can't wait...is she singing with her band or by herself?" he asked.

"By herself" She was in a band when she was 10?

She's cooler then I thought. The camera turned to the stage and we saw Destiny walk on stage. She started singing and was amazing. She hit every note perfectly. I stared at the screen in shock as the video ended. "She was amazing" I whispered. Isla snickered at my face.

"Yeah then her dad died in a motorcycle accident 4 days later" we looked at her.

(Destiny's POV)

I had learnt the chords and I already knew the lyrics, so all I had to do was put them together. I started playing then followed singing. I closed my eyes and sang softly. I stopped quickly when my door opened and my mum walked in. "Sweetie I know you need to practice but can you please get dressed"

"What for?" I asked putting my guitar against my bed. "We're going to meet Jack's parents" I sighed and nodded. She smiled warmly at me before walking out of the door. I slipped into a white dress that clung to my body and outline every feature of my body. I braided my hair and pulled on a pair of white converses. I walked downstairs and saw my mum dressed in a blue dress. It fitted her well and came to her knees where mine came to my thighs.

Isla was wearing a floral print skirt and a pink shirt. Jack wore a suit and Xander was wearing black skinny jeans, converses and a black button down shirt. His eyes scanned my body. I saw Isla smile when she looked at my shoes. "Grandma and grandpa aren't gonna like you wearing converses with a dress" she said making the whole family look down at my shoes.

"I'm not wear in heels" I said holding my hands up. Xander stared at me slightly shocked. I guess it was because I only said a couple of words around him before. Like this morning.

I was so glad when we got back home. I hated Jack's parents, they gave me a lecture for wearing my converses and they hoped that I was wearing heels for the wedding. Yeah right old women. I changed into my sweats and a tank top and climbed into bed. I was tired and all I wanted was to sleep.