Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Today is the day of the wedding and mum looked amazing. Her hair was tied up into a secure bun and her make up looked natural. My mum had the bridesmaids hair curled and put into a waterfall braid. I didn't want make up so I was the only one who never had it on.

My heart was pounding in my chest. I wanted Xander to be my boyfriend not my stepbrother. "Honey are you ok?" my aunt Carol asked me. I nodded quickly and swallowed the lump that was in my throat. Soon my mum and Jack were exchanging vows. I looked over at Xander he was smiling at his father and my mum but when he looked away his face instantly dropped. He looked beautiful. His red tie was hanging loosely and his two top buttons were undone on his white shirt. His black blazer was fastened up with two buttons. When my mum was about to say I do someone I didn't expect to see stopped the wedding.

"Are you sure you wanna marry him?" everyone's head turned and mh jaw dropped when I saw Connor. "Who are you may I ask?" Jack asked. "Oh she didn't tell you?" he looked confused as Connor said "Connor Jones nice to meet you Jack"

"Do I know you?" Jack asked.

"You should. I'm her son" Jack, Isla and Xander all looked at my mum.

"Hey sis. Why haven't you been answering my calls?" I face palmed as my mum looked at me. "You promised me you weren't gonna come" I whisper yelled to him. "I only came to say...Mum I'm getting married"

"Too who?" she asked, her voice was shaky. "Wyatt. Now I know you don't approve of me because I'm gay and just to let you know Destiny chose to live with you over me. So appreciate your only child" he smiled at me before walking away. "Why didn't you tell me you had a gay son?" Jack asked my mum. I pushed ran my flowers into Isla's hands and ran down the aisle to Connor. "Connor wait" I said he turned around and I hugged him. "I love you" I mumbled into his shirt. He wrapped his arms around me and said "I love you too Dest" he kissed my head and I watched him leave. I turned around and people were looking at me, I blushed with embarrassment and ran back up the aisle.

"Are we continuing with the wedding?" the victor asked. "It's up to Jack" my mum said smiling sadly and nervously. 'Please say no, please say no' I chanted in my head. "I don't like that you disowned your son just because he's gay and I'm not proud that you did that...but...but I love you and I want you to be my wife" she smiled and hugged him. I just stared in shock at my mum and Jack. Xander held the same expression as me whereas Isla and everyone else was happy for them.

"I think I'm gonna cry" I told Lynn and Kellin at the reception. I looked down at my glass of orange juice. I was stirring the liquid with my straw. "I would say cheer up but I know how much you like him" Kellin said wrapping his arm around my shoulder and kissing my head. I sighed and looked up as his arm took its original place on the table. I looked on the dance floor where my mum was dancing with my new stepdad.

I looked around and saw Xander sat at the table where the bride and groom and important people like that sat. I was supposed to be sitting over there but I was sat at Kellin and Lynn's table. He looked bummed. When ever a family member came up to him he faked a smile. I knew it was fake because his cute dimples wouldn't show. "He doesn't look like he's happy they got married either" Lynn said.

"I bet he just misses his mum and that this wedding is reminding him of her" I said.

"What happened to his mum?" Lynn asked. "Don't you guys know? I thought everyone knew" Lynn shook her head.

"I don't"

"I do. She died when he was 14" Kellin said. Lynn frowned.

"How did she die?" she asked Kellin looked down at the floor and I scratched the back of my neck nervously.

"It's bad isn't it?"

"She died because of breast cancer" I whispered. She looked down, her and Kellin's grandmother died of breast cancer when Lynn was 13. She was really close to her. "Oh" was her response.

When me, Isla and Xander got home with my mum and Jack they both went straight to their bedroom to pack for their honeymoon. I went to my room and changed out of my dress into pyjama shorts and a tank top. I picked my guitar up and practiced my song.

When I heard a knock at my door I glanced up and yelled come in. I looked up my breath hitched when Xander sat in my computer chair. He looked around my room before looking at me. "How come you don't talk very much?" he asked running his hands through his hair. His muscles flexed and his plain white shirt rose up showing a little of his stomach. I shrugged and carried on playing the tune. "Can I ask you a question?" I nodded without looking up at him afraid I'll jump him right here right now.

"Can you teach me to play guitar?" I looked up at him. "What?"

"My grandma, she bought me an electric and acoustic guitar for Christmas last year and i can't play them. Can you teach me?"

"You can learn how to play it on the Internet" I said looking back down at the guitar in my hands. "Yeah but...I'll learn more quicker if you teach me" he said i sighed. "When do you wanna start?" I mumbled he smiled and said "Can we start right now?" I hesitated but nodded. He smiled and walked over to me. I suddenly started to feel nervous.