Chapter 19

Chapter 19

(Destiny's POV)

I walked inside my house and headed straight for the kitchen. I smiled at the sight in front of me. Xander and Jackson were both eating ice cream. Jackson was sat on the table with his legs crossed Indian style, and Xander was sat on the chair in front of him leaning his body over. "I don't like mommy" Jackson said. I walked over to the fridge and got out a can of pepsi. I leaned against the counter and opened it. I looked at Xander and my heart broke all over again. He was looking at me, so he turned his attention back to Jackson and asked him "Why is that baby?"

I loved that Xander was a good dad to Jackson and loved him. "She's mean to me...I want someone else to be my mommy" Xander scooped a spoon full of strawberry ice cream in his mouth and said "Who?"

"Destiny" Jackson answered like it was nothing. Xander and me looked at each other, i was shocked and he wasn't? I was about to walk out of the kitchen when Xander yelled "Wait Destiny" I turned around and looked at him. "I...Jackson wants to know if you wanna go to the park" he blurted out. I looked at Jackson who looked confused. "No I didn't daddy" for a 3 year old he was pretty smart. Xander blushed then turned to Jackson and started whispering to him. Jackson smiled and nodded then looked at me. "Please Destiny" Jackson said in his cute voice.

He fluttered his eyelashes cutely making me smile. "Ok" I said.

"Let's go now" he cheered and Xander stood up. He put the bowls in the sink and picked Jackson up off the table.

When we did get to the park Jackson ran straight for the swings. I laughed as he tried to get up but each time he did it moved. He looked over and pouted then held his arms out. "Help me" I scooped him up into my arms and put him on the swing. I got behind him and started pushing him. "Keep tight hold" I told him he nodded and Xander sat in the swing next to him while watching us. "Destiny?" I glanced over at Xander. "Yeah?" I asked him. "You know I'm sorry right?...For kissing you" I nodded.

"Are you mad at me?" I shook my head. "Talk to me, please. It's killing me knowing I've hurt you" I sighed. "I'm just not in the talking mode ok?" it came out like I was angry. I heard him sigh before silence filled the air. Why couldn't he just tell me he loves me then we can both be happy? Clearly he isn't very happy at the moment. He hardly hung out with his friends in the past couple of days. Maybe it's because he's mom's birthday is coming up in 2 days. That could be it right?

It was 6:35 when there was a knock on my bedroom door. "Yeah?" Xander stuck his head around the open door. "Dinner time" I nodded and sat up. "Look Destiny" my chest was pressed up against his as I had bumped into him. I looked up at him and he peered down at my then swallowed the lump in his throat. "We need to talk after dinner" I nodded and took a step back. He turned around then walked downstairs. I followed him and looked at everyone sat at the table before sitting next to my mom.

Dinner was...awkward. I was currently sitting on Xander's bed while he was putting Jackson into bed. He walked in his room and sat on the bed opposite me. "What do you need to talk to be me about?" I asked. His took a deep breath before saying "I hate the way you make me feel. I hate that you're my stepsister. I hate that you're you. I hate you...yet I can't stop loving you. I'm in love with you and there is nothing I can do about it. I love your voice. I love the way you are with Jackson, I love everything about you. I love you. I'm in love with you" i just stared at him. All I could think was 'is this some kind of joke? is he toying with my feelings?'