Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"So you play this chord which is a?" I asked playing the chord and looking at him for an answer. "C major?" he asked I smiled and nodded. I started to play the tune altogether and then gave the guitar to him. He got the first couple of notes right until he messed up. I sighed and got up.

Sitting behind and to the side of him, I pointed the chord out to him. When that didn't work I sighed and thought of a way for us to do it together. "Ok pass me the guitar" he handed it to me and got behind me. "Maybe I should be here" he said. I couldn't concentrate as his warm, minty breath kept hitting my cheek and neck. "Pass me your hands" I said he got in the position to play the guitar. I grabbed his hand and ignored the sparks that I felt when we touched. We were the closest we've ever been together. My back was pressed against his chest and my hands were overlapping his.

He managed to get it right that time. I turned my head and looked at him. "You did it" I said smiling he smiled and turned his head. "Yeah I did" he whispered staring deep in my eyes. Our breath fanned each others face because of how close we were to each other. "I...um" I started to say before I got lost in his baby blues. I looked away and stood up just as my room opened. My mum walked in and smiled at us. "Hey kids, i just wanna let you know me and Jack are going on our honeymoon in the morning, so we won't see you when you come home from school tomorrow" I nodded and Xander gave her a fake smile. "Have fun" he said in a fake cheery voice. I stared at him then looked at my mum. She smiled before walking out.

"It's late you should go to sleep" he said standing up. He stopped at the door then he turned around "Are you going to the football game tomorrow night?"

"That's tomorrow night?" I asked. He nodded. "Maybe" I said his face dropped slightly. "Ok. Just wondering since you never miss a game" he walked out before i could say anything. He noticed me before? Why didn't he tell me? Why didn't he talk to me? I shook it off and went and brushed my teeth. I climbed into bed and fell fast asleep.

I woke up and switched my alarm off. I had a shower, brushed my teeth, combed my hair and got dressed. Today I was wearing dark washed skinny jeans, a white mtv shirt and a denim waistcoat. I left my hair down and walked downstairs. I had an apple and a bottle of water before going to school.

I was at my locker when Lynn walked up to me. "Hey anything new happen last night?" I nodded which made her thirsty for more gossip. "I was the closest to Xander I'd ever been" was all I told her before she started screaming out questions at me. "I'll tell you everything at lunch" I told her making her calm down a little. "You're coming to the game tonight right?" Kellin asked me as he joined us. We all started walking to lesson as I said "Maybe" he looked at me.

"You have to go, you're our lucky charm"

"That's stupid" I said clutching my books to my chest. "I have to agree with Destiny" Lynn said jumping into the conversation. "Is it? Think about it. Xander is the star player always has been and he always will be if Destiny keeps going to our games. We have won every game except for the ones that she didn't go to" That was strangely true. "She's Xander's good luck charm. She's what makes him a better player. He does it for her"

"That is true Dest" Lynn said I looked over at her. "So what if it is?" I said.

"So what? SO WHAT? IT MEANS HE LIKES YOU" she screamed making people in the hallway glare at her to shut the hell up. She took a deep breath before saying "You are going to that game" I sighed before nodding making her smile.

That night I was practicing my song. I looked over at the time and my eyes widened. I was late for the football game. If I ran there I could just make half time. When I gotta there I was out of breath. I was at the bleachers when I stopped and put my hands on my knees taking deep breaths. "Where were you?" I looked up and saw Kellin and Lynn. "And why do you look sweaty and out of breath?" Lynn asked. "I was practicing my song and I didn't notice the time....I...I ran the whole...way" I said.

When I caught my breath I said "Are we losing?" they both nodded. The bell rang signalling the second half was about to begin. I sat down on the bleachers with Lynn when I saw Xander's eyes scan the crowd. He saw me and smiled. I smiled back and he turned away. We ended up winning. Me and Lynn ran down the stairs of the bleachers to hug Kellin. "Told you you're his lucky charm" he told me smugly. I rolled my eyes playfully.

I looked around and saw Xander talking to Tiffany. Her hair was platinum blonde and she was wearing the cheerleaders outift. She kissed his cheek and I couldn't help but feel jealous. She skipped away leaving Xander to shake his head. "Hey...I'm gonna go and talk to Xander" they smirked before I ran over to him. "You came" he said smiling and hugging me. "You won" I said in the same cheery voice. "Ew you're all sweaty" I said quickly pulling away he smiled. "How did you get here?" he asked ruffling his wet hair. The sweat glistened off him in the moonlight making him look sexy.

"Destiny?" he waved his hand in my face. I blushed and said "I ran here" he nodded and smiled a little. "Want me to drive you home?" I thought about it. "Don't you usually go to the after party?" I asked him. "Yeah but...I'm tired so I'm just gonna go home" I nodded. "I'll wait for you to change" he nodded and jogged up to the group of football players that were headed for the changing rooms.