Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"What do you think of that one?" I asked pointing to a plain sliver ring on display. Connor shook his head. "This one?" I asked. He looked at it and nodded. I waited outside while he went and bought them. After he came out we went to the food court. I saw Xander and his friends. "Shit" I said. "What's wrong?" Connor asked me. "That guy. The one with the blonde hair in his eye and the amazing blue eyes. That's Xander my stepbrother" he nodded and he pulled me to a table opposite him and his friends.

"Are you crazy? He'll see us" he just shrugged like it was nothing. "Where's the wedding? Did you find out?" I nodded. "It's at the church where Danny married Jemma and it's at the same time too" he nodded and watched me eat. "SHE IS NOT MY GIRL" Xander yelled I glanced over at him. Him and his friends looked away from my table trying to look like they weren't. I looked back at Connor who was still staring at me. "How's Janet?" he asked pinching a fry of me. "Happy. How's Wyatt?" I asked smirking. "Sexy as ever" he said smirking back. I smiled.

"Connor promise me you aren't gonna ruin the wedding?" I whispered. He just gave me a small smile. I sighed "You remember when I said I'll come back for you?" he asked. I nodded.

"Me and Wyatt have been talking and we both miss you. So if you want, only if you want, do you wanna move in with us?" I froze and gulped.

"You don't have to" he said.

"I miss you and Wyatt like crazy but I can't leave mum. I'm not even suppose to be talking to you" I said looking down.

"It's ok. But you have to visit whether mum likes it or not" I nodded and smiled up at him.

"Tomorrow I'll come and see you both" he smiled.

"So do you have a crush on anyone at school?" he asked me smirking.

"Nope" I lied.

"Don't you have a crush on Lynn's brother Kellin?"

"I got over it. Speaking of Lynn I gotta go met her at...home. She's going to a party tonight and she's dragging me along" I said.

"You still in that band?" he asked.

"We broke up when you left"

"They couldn't handle the drummer being moody huh?" i smacked his arm. "I was not moody" I said. He rubbed his arm. "You should take up football" he said I shot him a glare before kissing his cheek and dragging him outside the mall to his car.

"I'm staying the night" Lynn said holding up her backpack. I nodded and took her to my room. "That's Xander's room?" she asked pointing to the closed white door. I nodded and shut my own. She sighed and sat on my chair with her feet up to her chest. "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked her. She nodded and stood up. She looked around and found all my DVDs and started to look through them all while I went downstairs and started making some popcorn.

"Please dad" Xander begged his father who was sat at the table with a stack of papers laid out in front of him. "Xander I can't I'm busy. But if you ask Janet she might"

"But she's not his grandma he might not be comfortable with her"

Just then my mum came in with Jackson on her hip. He was poking her cheek and giggling. "Janet with you please look after Jackson tonight?" Xander asked. "Of course I will. He's a lovely little boy" my mum said bouncing Jackson up and down on her hip. I poured the popcorn in the big bowl and got out a drink for me and Lynn. "Sweetie I thought you were going to a party tonight" my mum said glancing from Jackson to me. "I am but it's too early. It hasn't started yet" she nodded and I glanced at Xander who quickly looked away from me. I raised an eyebrow but shook it off and walked back up to Lynn.

"Have you noticed something about Xander?" I asked. "Yeah I have actually. It seems he gets hotter by the second. I'm surprised he hasn't got a load of offers to go and model stuff" she said as she played the movie. "Not that. He keeps looking at me and so does his friends. I went shopping with Connor and we sat opposite them and when I looked over at them they all looked away to seem like they weren't looking at me. It's getting creepy" I shivered uncomfortably.

"He might have a crush on you" she sang quietly, nudging me with her shoulder. "Trust me. He doesn't. He only sees me as a stepsister" she shook her head and we started watching the movie.